hi, first time poster here.

i've been playing guitar for a little while now and i have decided to buy my first guitar.

i play mostly metal, so i need a guitar that could stand out.
but for this budget, there isn't much choices out there. so i narrowed it down to an esp f-100, esp MH-50 or a jackson JS30wr.

i was leaning towards the jackson, but the f-100 does give a more value for money. and the mh-50 looks too common.

can anyone give their honest opinion about this?

(btw, i dont want to buy an ibanez--they r getting too common!)
for 300 you can get a schecter omen 6, which is pretty damn good for 300 bucks
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Last edited by hendrix_128 at Jun 6, 2008,
i would suggest a dean, but asfar as i know the only good budget deans are the low-end caddlicas, correct me if im wrong on that. ive heard good things about the lowest model dean VMNTs. avoid bc riches in general, the best idea would probably to try out different guitars in shops & buy the one that feels the best.

edit: my advice might not be that good, because i play bass
I've read a lot of great reviews on Dean's VX guitar, it's only $219.99 IIRC. You could also check some of the guitars at www.rondomusic.com they have a bunch of metal styled guitars in that price range.
What's the deal with not wanting to get common guitars?
The reason that some cheap guitars are common is because they are the best cheap ones out so they are the ones everyone buys.
If you still want to get away from a common one then get a BC Rich because there crap and chances are not many other people are going to have one.
Sorry if that's no help
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
yea, i kno i have a issue with common guitars! my roommate has a ibanez rg321, and he thinks fall out boy rocks, so i gotta differentiate my self as far as possible!

i looked at a few schecters, but honestly they didn't exactly catch my eye.

any comments on the jackson JS30wr? i kno its the crippled brother in the warrior family, but i really like it and it felt great! do u think it looks cheap on ppl's hand?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EM2-CustomEX-with-Stopbar-Electric-Guitar?sku=515614
i know it's not anything radical but it looks different. it has some specs that would make it a decent metal guitar. not having played it i would say it's worth giving a try.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Well I don't really know about the JS30wr having never played one but Jackson V's are generally pretty good. Or you could go for a Dean ML they always feel great to me.
Also try to get a set neck guitar. Although that could be tricky for your price range.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Last edited by Stevie B at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by sid40
yea, i kno i have a issue with common guitars! my roommate has a ibanez rg321, and he thinks fall out boy rocks, so i gotta differentiate my self as far as possible!

i looked at a few schecters, but honestly they didn't exactly catch my eye.

any comments on the jackson JS30wr? i kno its the crippled brother in the warrior family, but i really like it and it felt great! do u think it looks cheap on ppl's hand?

Good plan!

I've always heard Schecters are really good values but I dislike their necks.

I'd say go for the Jackson. It's an Alder body ( Well says musiciansfriend and GC ) which is pretty rare in cheaper guitars. Also since it doesn't have a LFR you don't have to worry about it crapping out. Not sure about the pickups though... I've never tried them. Reviews look good on it too.

And don't get a BC Rich for under $1000.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLP-John-Petrucci-Signature-Model-Electric-Guitar-Pack?sku=516053

Is pretty cheap (200$ clearance item) and it seems very modable. Some says they're hit and miss, but in comparison of the initial price (350$) could be a perfect beginner guitar.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by higgins666
john petrucci has a signature guitar? i did not know that.

Yes, but is not that one. The one i posted, is like a cheaper version of the real Petrucci signature guitar. This one is the real deal:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-John-Petrucci-6String-Electric-Guitar?sku=515568
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
alright guys, but i have a new twist in the story!

i just found out that my cousin's friend is trying to sell his Ibanez ADX120 for around $290. its unused, and brand new.
honestly, i have no idea how good this guitar is. i never played it, never even heard of it before now. but the specs look kinda good and i like the shape.

i'm not really sure if its a metal guitar or even a good buy, can someone be kind enough to clarify this?
I'd say stick with the Jackson Warrior, not many people play them, and the pickups are pretty nice.
Quote by sid40
alright guys, but i have a new twist in the story!

i just found out that my cousin's friend is trying to sell his Ibanez ADX120 for around $290. its unused, and brand new.
honestly, i have no idea how good this guitar is. i never played it, never even heard of it before now. but the specs look kinda good and i like the shape.

i'm not really sure if its a metal guitar or even a good buy, can someone be kind enough to clarify this?

They're 300 new so you'd only be saving like $10. I don't really like the shape of it very much.

I'd say Warrior.
the f-100 is your best bet. its right in the price range and they have good pick-ups for the cheap price. the trem is also good for the price. really good guitar for where your at i guess.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
id go to a few stores and look at used stuff, never know what youll find.
Gear List
-Squier Vintage Modified Tele(SSH)
-Modded Epiphone LP100
-Ibanez S Series
-Epiphone Valve Jr. Stack
-Blackheart Handsome Devil(On The Way)
-Marshall Mg10