stuff that is technically challenging but does not require 24 frets to play. I have a **** Ibanez 6 string at the moment with 22 frets.

Yngwie's stuff bores me.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Try some paul gilbert stuff.
Gear:
Fender Strat American Deluxe,
Halfsize Custom Electro-acoustic
Yamaha Classical
Tanglewood Dreadnought

10w Marshall
120w Line 6 Spider II
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

Yamaha Digital Piano
Yamaha Keyboard
Paul Gilbert - anything from the album 'get out of my yard'

try some jazz, get some of those terrifying chords down, like A13, Bm7b5
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Eugene's Trick Bag - Steve Vai
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
ok thanks...
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by ValoRhoads
Eugene's Trick Bag - Steve Vai

im pretty sure you need a 24 fret guitar for the last part of the song
Quote by ubtguitarist
im pretty sure you need a 24 fret guitar for the last part of the song

Na, it's actually higher than the 24th fret, you can fret it on the neck pickup of a 22 fret axe, it's just not very easy!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
If your into technical metal, then i'd suggest some sikth. Songs like bland street bloom, or scent of the obscene.

Or if your not, then try some Vai or some dream theater.

the animal by Vai is fun to play
If you like Death metal....Necrophagist is your ticket.

John Petrucci writes some pretty intense solos on his solo album.....check those out.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Psychedelico
stuff that is technically challenging but does not require 24 frets to play. I have a **** Ibanez 6 string at the moment with 22 frets.

Yngwie's stuff bores me.

What type(s) of music do you like, and what's your level of skill? "Technically challenging" is really relative to what you're able to do.
for the last five posts people have all been suggesting guitarists who play with 24 fret guitars...

I like stuff like guthrie govan, dream theater... i like a decent bit of jazz (that's not on the guitar though)

as for technical ability the last solo i learnt was Under a Glass Moon cause it was one of the few dream theater solos i came across that didn't require 24 frets.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
He does actually. Look at the caption under the picture.

http://www.bingeandgrab.com/buckets_les_paul.html
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Well I don't know... I just read in the buckethead thread that song requires a 7 string... so that's out of the question (only for a few months haha!)
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
All of Pantera's music, though some of it you'll have to find ways to get around not having a whammy bar. Try the guitar solo in "Domination".
eh... I just got new strings and so I'm reluctant to get a new set of heavier gauge strings so I can tune down. Especially when the nearest guitar store is at least an hour drive.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you