Ok, so I'd like to add an overdriven kind of sound for some of my songs, but I'm not quite sure how to achieve it. I use my amp's (Fender FM65 DSP) lead chanel for my distorted sound, and I'd like to be able to add something to my clean channel to make it overdriven. Right now, I just use a DS-1 set to very low gain, but it sounds like dying kittens, and I hear overdrive pedals sound like crap through SS amps. Any ideas?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Quote by rigeljs
I hear overdrive pedals sound like crap through SS amps. Any ideas?

There's an answer there if you look for it.
Quote by blue_strat
There's an answer there if you look for it.

LOL +1
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
To get an overdriven sound, buy a new amp. SS amps don't really do overdrive. They go straight from clean to hard clipping. There really isn't a medium ground with solid state amps.
To get an overdriven sound, buy a new amp. SS amps don't really do overdrive. They go straight from clean to hard clipping. There really isn't a medium ground with solid state amps.

...I just got this amp a week ago...
I would've gotten a tube amp, but they're so expensive - I can't afford one. Are you sure there's no way to get a slightly overdriven sound?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special