amm yeah ive been playing acoustic for a few months now and ive got the basics
and then a couple of my friends wer suggesting maybe jamming together and maybe a band in the pipeline?

so ive got maybe 100-120 euro saved up and i was thinking of getting an electric starter pack?
my friends give differing opionions on what guitar to get so i think il ask UG!
PLEASE help me
what's your style?

EDIT : Save some more for a better guitar package.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Jun 6, 2008,
squier fat strat, make sure you get the fat strat since its got the humbucker, this is what i have right now and im just starting to go beyond the beginner level. the guitar has been good to me.
Avoid Starter packs, they are absolute rubbish.

I Recomend starting with these guitars as a general iption for each style

ROCK/CLASSIC ROCK
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone G-400
Shecter Damien Series

For an Amp, i would say:
Roland Cube 30. Lots of amp models and effects, a nice little amp
well the stuff im playing at the moment is amm Weezer and Bloodhound Gang?
so id be more rock/alternative then metal or punk!

the epiphone SG ive heard good things of!

squier stratocaster is the 1 ive been recommended the most
I would suggest a Yamaha Pacifica and a small Cube. The combination of the two will literally be able to play anything.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Roland makes a series of amps called cubes, they're probably the best solid state amps you can buy; there's a microcube, a 15W, a 30W, and a 45W, with each one being progressively louder and more expensive. The microcube is really just a practice amp and for jamming purposes you're probably going to want the 15 or 30W, as the 45W is rather expensive for a solid state amp.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
well yeah i dont intend to gig for a while
just jam with my pals!

am i glad i asked UG!i wouldnt have had a clue if i just impulsed bought!
Quote by Me2NiK
I would suggest a Yamaha Pacifica and a small Cube. The combination of the two will literally be able to play anything.

agreed. pacifica 112 and microcube, that's full of win right there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Guys thank you so much

I think the way forward has clearly been paved!
Last edited by 4Flippy at Oct 4, 2008,