As far as house goes, I only know the "classics." Frankie Knuckles, A guy called Gerald and 808 state etc.

Garage has always been littered with too much **** to find the good stuff around here.
Well, he said garage... and garage... so I expect he means both. Unless he made a lolworthy **** up.
Well if thats the case....garage is great for sittin round, avin a smoke and the subs goin but ever been to a night? Dunno bout London or wherever but in Bristol garage just brings a load of trouble, dealers, gun touters and the like. Shame

Can't stand the stuff that sorta gets stuck between garage and modern r'n'b though, thats baaaaaaadddddddd
Exactly. Garage is the sort of stuff me and my mates play blackjack, have a drink and a smoke to. It's good music to just kick back to nod your head to..

Edit: and before people get pissy, blackjack does not mean 21 in the UK.
Last edited by DanRev at Jun 6, 2008,
Lol It started out as chill-out music to accompany jungle raves wonnit (wasn't it ) and tbh should've stayed that way. Love it like, great tunes and stuff but I mean, it gets boring dead fast if thats all your gonna listen to like at a night. Grime was the best thing that ever happened to it.

And that **** can get pretty piss-poor.......
Yeah to be honest, I'm not involved with the scene at all. Turn 18 come november though, so will be going to a few nights I reckon.
Me in January but I'm blessed with looking a lot older....... Aint missin out on much, its more a thing u might as well do cos everyone else is ya know. Free party scene is where its at, and then again all is wat u really find is hippies k'd up and a load of hard ass acid techno and psytrance

Would've loved to ave been around when it all began in '89 (as far as Britain with acid house), watch rave come along then see it all break up into hardcore and jungle. Wish McTrance and Kevin and Perry Go Large hadn't come along and ruined it all Great ****in film though
I'm actually looking to do some 2step stuff this summer with a couple of singers I've met. I love the beats and the music, but the singers can piss me off.
Nice. Does much 2step actually come out of America anyway? Realize it's a mainly British scene, but would be cool to hear some American stuff.
I'll take the first Garage, the real one. As in the early club music that began with the early house scene (except in NY instead of Chicago). Much better than all this 2-step crap (j/k, it ain't all that bad).

History of the House Sound of Chicago. The cd box set that opened my eyes (and ears!) to a new sonal world.
Quote by DanRev
Nice. Does much 2step actually come out of America anyway? Realize it's a mainly British scene, but would be cool to hear some American stuff.

No, but we invented rnb and nusoul, so it figures we could do it best anyways
do The Streets count? If so, then they're probably the only garage I listen to.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
do The Streets count? If so, then they're probably the only garage I listen to.

Agh, can't people call it UK Garage or 2-Step? It isn't real 'Garage', in the proper sense of the genre. I like The Streets, but don't care for most other UK Garage. I love the real old-skool Garage though.