yes, its a dreaded what guitar thread

looking to buy a new guitar in the next couple of months, £1500 max budget.

requirements are it must have humbuckers (or at least a neck humbucker)and no locking floyd rose style trems.

i play blues and blusey classic rock, looking for a vintage/classic sound, not high gain modern tones.

can be second hand or new, doesnt matter.

so far ive been looking at,

used PRS Custom 22, Gibson Les Paul Standard/Classic Antique, Gibson ES399 and ES335

ofc i will be trying things out and stuff, but i want to know if anyone has any specific recomendations.

thanks
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
If you can pickup a PRS for that money its by far and away the best move you will make. Stunning guitars that play and sound just so much better than Gibsons of similar price.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I would say PRS out of them
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Getting a guitar that isn't custom made for you at the price range is silly.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Carvin Custom Shop. You know you want to.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by aedmiston
if i had $3000 to spend, id get a custom ricky

it doesnt really work out to 3k USD tho, with the increased prices in the UK
PRS Custom 22
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
for "£1500" I'd say buy yourself a one-way plane ticket to the united states & start trying to make it over here....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by gishuk
it doesnt really work out to 3k USD tho, with the increased prices in the UK

ah yeah, forgot about that
the EU makes everything so expensive
well, the carvin is a good suggestion
Quote by Mazz-
for "£1500" I'd say buy yourself a one-way plane ticket to the united states & start trying to make it over here....

+1
AMERICA!
**** YEAH!
ive looked at carvin but their custom shop models, while looking to be great quality and at good prices just dont excite me
PRS Custom 22
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Seeing as you're in the UK, Fret King, £1500 should be able to get you pretty much any of the stuff they make.

www.fret-king.com

I'd be very wary of dropping so much money on a Gibson at the moment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You're in luck because I've been lookin for the same thing for the past few months. I've tried numerous guitars so far and I'll list them for you and give you my thoughts.

Gibson Les Paul Standard - I guess it is the blueprint for all humbucker guitars and is the first I tried out. To be honest, bearing in mind the high price, it is simply not quite worth it. Soundwise its great and I love the clubby Gibson neck styles, but value for money it certainly is not. And the growing concerns on their quality issue is not unfounded - the brand new sample I tried had finishing problems so obvious that you wonder how it passed inspection. Bleeding paint job in to binding, underwhelming maple top, nuts cut improperly - for a guitar that costs well over a grand it is not living up to its name. Big shame since I adore Gibson as a brand. Best to look for a good used one for under a grand. I'm looking around for one at current.

PRS SC 245 - probably the most credible rival for the Gibson Les Paul at this moment, I saw these go as low as 1399. They are a great looker and, oh the sound. Everything about this guitar is top notch. You simply can't go wrong with these. Watch some samples on Youtube or better yet, try one for yourself. It's terrific.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Getting a guitar that isn't custom made for you at the price range is silly.

QFT

Seriously, you could get one hell of a custom guitar for that price.