Hey, I was just wondering what kind of sound you can get from a Firebird... I'm into metal/hard rock/alternative and I fell in love with the look of a firebird... so I was wondering if you can get a metal/or hard rock sound out of it and it still sound good.

-VAN
I use mine for hard rock type stuff... it's sounds great. Good treble and awesome attack on it. I put EMG's into mine and they just made it sound so good.
Thanks...
and at the risk of looking like a complete noob and moron, what are EMG's? I play accoustic so, yah I'm ignorant.
EMGs are the most common brand of "active" pickups, which means they're given extra output due to the addidtion of a direct power source. Battery-powered, basically.

I don't think EMGs are really needed on a Firebird, though. One of the more distinctive aspects of them are the mini-humbuckers, after all.

Hmm....as for what it sounds like, I'd look around Youtube for any examples you might find. This is the only one I came up with, and that's because I remembered it and liked the tone (and the fact it's Johnny Winter, of course): http://youtube.com/watch?v=jp7BrzrfJMM
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
EMGs are the most common brand of "active" pickups, which means they're given extra output due to the addidtion of a direct power source. Battery-powered, basically.

I don't think EMGs are really needed on a Firebird, though. One of the more distinctive aspects of them are the mini-humbuckers, after all.

Hmm....as for what it sounds like, I'd look around Youtube for any examples you might find. This is the only one I came up with, and that's because I remembered it and liked the tone (and the fact it's Johnny Winter, of course): http://youtube.com/watch?v=jp7BrzrfJMM

he said it all.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Not every Firebird has mini humbuckers... the Studio comes with with standard 490R and 498T pickups.
Quote by leviticus_22953
he said it all.

Wow, might've finally gotten myself a sig quote. Thank you sir.

And, yeah, the Firebird Studios will look and feel like Firebirds, but it won't SOUND like a Firebird without those mini-buckers.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay