with mainly small cars or only public buses how do you transport your amps(stack) and guitars around for rehearsal or gigs?What about PA systems?
Quote by LK_revival
with mainly small cars or only public buses how do you transport your amps(stack) and guitars around for rehearsal or gigs?What about PA systems?

This. We use one car, a Vauxhall Astra for all guitars/amps and PA. Drummer has a van.
We use bigger cars?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by saphrax
This. We use one car, a Vauxhall Astra for all guitars/amps and PA. Drummer has a van.

Vauxhall Astra FTW!
I use a ford focus, or sometimes a saab estate thats got plenty of room.

we fit all our bands gear in the saab boot once (-toms and kick), that was a mission!
what kinda stupid assumption is this thread based on??

im not sure whether youre saying Europeans all drive big or small cars, but either way its dumb.

you phail my phriend
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz

im not sure whether youre saying Europeans all drive big or small cars, but either way its dumb.

you phail my phriend

pretty much agree

anyways, we use a merc van for the drums and PA, my lancia for keys and my gear and our lead guitarist´s suzuki for his stuff and the rest of the band
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by buzz

you phail my phriend

Well maybe I am off base.But it is my impression that many in Europe don't have cars or tend to be small cars.
Quote by LK_revival
Well maybe I am off base.But it is my impression that many in Europe don't have cars or tend to be small cars.

ehm, not really

in a small place like i live (24,000 people) there are some humvees, s-classes , a ****load of x5s,cayennes etc

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Is it surprising I ask?Many in Europe accuse Americans of being greedy with gas guzzling huge cars and that we are the main culprit to global warming because we love our cars.

Many have stated that public transportation is the main way of transport in Europe and overall Europe is known for smaller cars.

So with the death of the SUV happening here due to rising fuel prices I was wondering.

Maybe Im am wrong,but I have been told by a few Americans who went over there that buses and small cars are the norm.

I have a Honda Element that is decent on gas yet has alot of room.But if gas reaches to $8 or $10 about the onlt thing I'll be able to afford is a scooter.........
just coz everyone doesnt drive gas guzzling environment murderers like you guys doesnt mean we all drive small cars

god i dislike unfounded stereotypical views
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by Tarzan_man
Cars or Vans or Jeeps. Whatevers handy on the day. Also venue has the PA.

well that's true.some clubs do have their own PA.
Quote by LK_revival

oh my god.....

im baffled....

im gonna leave now cos if this turns into an argument itll be spamtastic and ill probably get warned.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

we don'T?

where we gig there is always heavy gear available...
except for the instruments which we carry...
oh, there are always drumsets too...
our drummer just brings a silver or two....
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I thought everybody in Europe drove Mini Coopers? Just like in The Italian Job.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Well usaully we use a horse wagon, but if the horse is sick we need to carry the stuff on our backs.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Get a Ford Transit Van.

/thread
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by LK_revival

this thread may be the stupidest of 08...

Quote by Ferrarone
this thread may be the stupidest of 08...

UGH instead of everybody getting so bent out of shape maybe just correct and inform me.

Im generally not a stupid person but I only know about Europe from what I hear and see on TV or internet.

I have heard Americans debate themselves saying "we must be more like Europe and use smaller cars and public transportation" so what am I suppose to think.

If its a stereotype let me know but BTW,against popular belief in Europe not all Americans are overweight.
well in the UK:

"localised" public transport such as commuter trains and buses are pretty ****ty

but Inter city services are decent.

my experiences in Europe with public transport have only been very good.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
My last band all got to rehearsal in their own parent's cars. My dad has a pretty big car, but I didn't really need all the space I had lol. My drummer's dad is a decorator so he had a van for all of his gear...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Why is everybody moaning at the OP? He made a generalization, yes. But a pretty reasonable and accurate one.
Quote by snipelfritz
I thought everybody in Europe drove Mini Coopers? Just like in The Italian Job.

i thought everybody in da USA drove cars like KIT of Michael Knight....
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
thanks Donald.

Mentioning Mini Cooper,it just so happens I work for Mini.They just came out with the Clubman which is a extended version with van-like doors.It has a little more room but not that much.

What kind of vans are popular in England/Europe?In America just about everybody owns a car,even the most poor.Is car ownership as much in Europe?

America is a large country though with alot of nothing between cities often.Cars can be a lifeline for people.A band I tried out for recenly was 20 miles away from my house.I just couldn't do that without my Honda Element to fit my gear in.Most places to play are that far away also.

I know Europe is a bit more condensed in area so I was wondering.Fuel prices are going to take their toll soon here in America and lifestyle will change for many.It may get to a point where people just don't go anywhere unless they have to.
Quote by LK_revival
thanks Donald.

Mentioning Mini Cooper,it just so happens I work for Mini.They just came out with the Clubman which is a extended version with van-like doors.It has a little more room but not that much.

What kind of vans are popular in England/Europe?In America just about everybody owns a car,even the most poor.Is car ownership as much in Europe?

America is a large country though with alot of nothing between cities often.Cars can be a lifeline for people.A band I tried out for recenly was 20 miles away from my house.I just couldn't do that without my Honda Element to fit my gear in.Most places to play are that far away also.

I know Europe is a bit more condensed in area so I was wondering.Fuel prices are going to take their toll soon here in America and lifestyle will change for many.It may get to a point where people just don't go anywhere unless they have to.

They are horrible cars though.

In the UK pretty much everyone has a car. Most have more. Like America SUV's or 4x4's have been extremely popular lately, but with petrol costs going up, small cars are becoming more popular.

To say we don't drive and only drive small cars was a bit retarded. We drive anything, estates, SUV's and Saloons are popular coz they're good with the family. Small cars are just good because there are so many cars on the road, and they cost less to run. And sports cars are popular with rich people.

Van wise, Ford Transit all the way. But there are mercs, vauxhalls, etc. Loads of companies make vans.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Most venues around here have their own drum kit, and PA. Basically means that all the band has to bring is guitars, cymbals, snare, and amps (although I've been to a fair few venues with their own bass stack as well). Alot of amp sharing goes on if there's an all dayer that focuses mainly on metal, as alot of bands use the same gear anyway.
Quote by jambi_mantra
They are horrible cars though.

In the UK pretty much everyone has a car. Most have more. Like America SUV's or 4x4's have been extremely popular lately, but with petrol costs going up, small cars are becoming more popular.

To say we don't drive and only drive small cars was a bit retarded. We drive anything, estates, SUV's and Saloons are popular coz they're good with the family. Small cars are just good because there are so many cars on the road, and they cost less to run. And sports cars are popular with rich people.

Van wise, Ford Transit all the way. But there are mercs, vauxhalls, etc. Loads of companies make vans.

Well thanks man for clearing that up.I had no idea that SUV's or Ford vans were popular there.Just goes to show you can't always go on based what you see or hear from skewed sources.

I mean when I think of Euro cars I think BMW,Mercedes,Landrover,Mini,VW,and maybe some Jap cars.So obviously I was wrong.
Quote by LK_revival
Well thanks man for clearing that up.I had no idea that SUV's or Ford vans were popular there.Just goes to show you can't always go on based what you see or hear from skewed sources.

I mean when I think of Euro cars I think BMW,Mercedes,Landrover,Mini,VW,and maybe some Jap cars.So obviously I was wrong.

Wouldn't say wrong.

Most of the SUV's driven here are made by those companies you names. The BMW X5, and the various land rover models.

Most cars are made by those makes you mentioned and similar ones. American companies don't share much of the market except Ford.

Japanese cars are increasingly popular because of their reliability. And boy racers like going round in modded Subaru Imprezas and Toyota celica's.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau