What do you think of the Marshall MG250DFX?
I dnt know a whole lot about amps given my accoustic past, but Its a pretty fair price and I'd like to see what its like... if its no good, what other amp would you recomend?
It's horrendously overpriced and sounds like crap.

What's your price range and what type of music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It sucks. What is your budget?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
depends on your price range. it's a bit overpriced for it's tone.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
MGs aren't that good, especially with the amount you're paying for them. They have alright distortion but the cleans are very weak. At fist I heard everyone else on UG saying how bad they were but I was very skeptical, until I actually tried one out myself, and needless to say it was lame.

If you want a good amp around that price, you can get an AD50VT, also dual channel with lots of different amp models and effects, or the Roland Cube 60 is also pretty loud with a whole buncha features.

If you are willing to get a mini-stack, people say the Blackheart little giant is great, or the bigger brother of it, the handsome devil. I ahve yet to try either but I'm dying to try the little giant as I hear abosolutely great things about it.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
+1 on the Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
budget- Below $900
Though it would probably be best for my wallet to keep it around the same price as the marshall...
music- metal/hard rock/alternative
You dodged a massive bullet!

I'd say get a used Carvin V3 2x12.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
They're just average amps..
they basically suck since you pay over twice the amount it's worth for the name "Marshall" on it when the original amp wasn't even made by Marshall.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You dodged a massive bullet!

I'd say get a used Carvin V3 2x12.

Boy, I'll say!

$900! you can find sooooo many better amps for that money than an MG. Maybe even a used marshall and cab.

new guys, Please use the Search bar first to check around and get a feel before dropping a bomb thread like this one. PS - i'm still new too.

Good luck. you found the right Forum. peace out!

;
They're only worth it if you need a stupid amount of headroom to run a multi effects live and you can find one used for pennies on the dollar of the original price. Other than that, you're better off with something else, like a used Marshall JCM800/900, B-52 At series, Mesa Express combo, used Peavey JSX, etc.
Quote by TechnicolorType
They're just average amps..
they basically suck since you pay over twice the amount it's worth for the name "Marshall" on it when the original amp wasn't even made by Marshall.

Wrong.

The are not average amps, they are far far far worse.

But you are right about everything else, you pay for the name, not the quality.
Please, please don't buy one TS!