hi,

so i want to buy strings that could be good on c standart/drop c and pretty much playable on standart e. i have 10-52 now, and theyre not so playable on standart e(i have a tremolo bridge, an Ibanez ZR). any suggestions on the manufacturer or gauges?
and yeah, what's so special about Elixir strings? theyre kinda pricey..

PS: im thinking of 10-46 or 9-42(ernie ball, or d'addario).
if your wanting to do one of those two go with the ernie ball 10-46. the size is perfect for standard e and with your trem it should do fine for drop tunings. especially dropc and c.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
10-52's are not playable on standard E?
10-46's would get sloppy for C tuning.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I play 10-52 in E Standard. And C Standard. they both sound great. Except the C tuned guitar has these badass harmonics!!! haha. think Dethklok. I literally made my explorer the same way. Black, EMG 81/85, EB 10-52... Line 6 Pod xT... Krank Revolution head, with Krankenstein Cabs. I literally bleed metal.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
I really don't recomend changing tunings on a ZR trem (or any trem for that matter), it throughs your intonation out of whack. I suggest having two guitars, one set for C one set for E
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
well yeah, theyre playable, but the action gets too high for me, i cant get it lower, cos im using maximum tension of the springs in the back anyway...
and will the 10-42 be too sloppy on c?
Quote by ValoRhoads
I really don't recomend changing tunings on a ZR trem (or any trem for that matter), it throughs your intonation out of whack. I suggest having two guitars, one set for C one set for E

yeah, i know. but it isnt too deadly, its only like 5-10%. and that isnt a option, i dont have the money right now.