i have an epi les paul, and feel the need to swap out the alnico pups. i dont know what i should be getting, but i want them to be silver like the originals. imo it looks better like that. what should i get?
Gibson Classic '57's if you want that look and tone
Dimarzio makes a great PAF that comes with a cover
or you could go the cheap route and just get some pickup covers
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by jake911
Is their something wrong with your current tone?

wanting to customize a guitar is a perfectly natural thing. just because his tone isn't bad doesn't mean he can't make it totally awesome.

i tend to lean towards duncans or gibson pickups. what kind of music do you play? what kind of sound are you going for?
_______
|||||||||||||||
I know, its buying guitar stuff can be expensive lol.

I would say The duncans the guy above suggested.

I have never really seen a covered Dimarzio though.
Quote by dannyisokay
wanting to customize a guitar is a perfectly natural thing. just because his tone isn't bad doesn't mean he can't make it totally awesome.

i tend to lean towards duncans or gibson pickups. what kind of music do you play? what kind of sound are you going for?

actually my tone is pretty good, (i got a really great epiphone, not a dud)
i play about every genre of rock imaginable.
im going for a chunky kinda sound i guess if that makes any sense
and i forgot to add im kinda on a budget.
Quote by jake911
I know, its buying guitar stuff can be expensive lol.

That's why I suck it up and spend millions of dollars on gear.

and I'll be poor eventually, and you probably won't be.

Two kinds of people in this world, I always say.

Quote by AJS19
actually my tone is pretty good, (i got a really great epiphone, not a dud)
i play about every genre of rock imaginable.
im going for a chunky kinda sound i guess if that makes any sense
and i forgot to add im kinda on a budget.

Gibson '57 Classics are chunky as hell. Duncans tend to be more bass/treble oriented, but I find pickups with a mid-range focus are the chunkiest, and clearest.

EDIT: clearest might not be the best word for it. But they are punchy, and have a certain clarity in that they're not overly bright, or too bassy and muddy.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay
That's why I suck it up and spend millions of dollars on gear.

and I'll be poor eventually, and you probably won't be.

Two kinds of people in this world, I always say.

Gibson '57 Classics are chunky as hell. Duncans tend to be more bass/treble oriented, but I find pickups with a mid-range focus are the chunkiest, and clearest.

EDIT: clearest might not be the best word for it. But they are punchy, and have a certain clarity in that they're not overly bright, or too bassy and muddy.

kk, but on a lighter note, there are actually 3 types of people in this world...those who can count, and those who cant.....lol