Ok. I just started playing guitar. I have Pacifica 112 and and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard (couldn't help myself), but I just bought a Telecaster for a very good price (ex demo, and less than half price). I don't know much about customisation. Besides changing the the bridge pick up to a seymour duncan, What should I do???

I really like the shape and colour - butterscotch and black pick guard!
Last edited by Los Bandidos at Jun 7, 2008,
neck pup too? unless u like the neck pup

maybe better tuners?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I like the butterscotch teles with a black pickguard. You could always put a humbucker in the neck if you're into that sort of thing. That or you could go classic style. GFS makes a replacement bridge so you can make it string through.
Quote by livrockdie
I like the butterscotch teles with a black pickguard. You could always put a humbucker in the neck if you're into that sort of thing. That or you could go classic style. GFS makes a replacement bridge so you can make it string through.

Just what I thought of. Make it a string-through body. I think it works with the bridge on the Affinity series, but what the hek for some ****ty coins you can get a better bridge.

This is what I should have done.

New bridge, and make it a string-thru (Wilkinson makes tele-bridges with good value for the money)

New pups (personal choice would be Seymour Duncan Hot-rails in bridge and a vintage tele neck pup)

New tuners (anything but those stock ones)

New nut (a tusq nut maybe)

All these upgrades shouldn't be so expensive, and after you have installed it you will have a damn nice guitar
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Quote by Los Bandidos
Thanks for the advice. How difficult/expensive is it to change to string through?

If you do it yourself about $6 . And if you have to change the bridge, which I don't thinnk you have to it will be about $25 to $50. The pictures Squier has on their homepage shows that there is string-thru on the Affinity Tele's (which is wrong). So I don't know acctually how it looks. Tell me, are there holes in the bridge for string-thru?

It isn't hard at all to fix. You have the exact spot where the holes should be drilled, just make shure you drill straight. And then drill from the bottom a bit larger hole for the string ferrules, then you're done .
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!