Ok I just got my guitar, sx sst and now I got a question about tuning. Is there anything that I should tune right off the bat? I know that all guitars need some bit of tuning. Is there an order of things that I should tune? like action, intonation, etc. What do you guys tune when you get your brand new guitar?
strings >> action >> intonation
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
strings >> action >> intonation

then probably strings and maybe even action again depending on how bad the intonation was
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Tuning has to do with getting the strings to the pitch that you want. When people say something like "standard tuning" that means they're talking about standard E tuning, which starts with your open "low E" or sixth string being an E note. The other adjustments are called something else. For example "intonation" or "action", which are other ways to have your guitar sitting and sounding the way you want and generally mean something different than "tuning". So basically, when you're "tuning" your getting the string into pitch by using the tuners at the head (end) of the guitar.
ok guys. Yea I was talking about the set-up, don't wanna pay 60 bucks for someone to do it for me, I'll never learn anything about the guitar. Besides setting up a guitar is the most intimate thing to do with a guitar... get your minds out of the gutter..
Quote by cad2blender
ok guys. Yea I was talking about the set-up, don't wanna pay 60 bucks for someone to do it for me, I'll never learn anything about the guitar. Besides setting up a guitar is the most intimate thing to do with a guitar... get your minds out of the gutter..

Haha.

Okay, well, do you feel that anything is wrong with it? I'd suggest since you just got it that you should play it until it you feel like something needs to be changed.