Yeah as more i play as more it goes wrong, i have been laying now for like 3 years in band as a rythm guitarist and so on, but now in summer, i wanted to spend like 4 h on my guitar, So i didit now for like week, and i am playing more worst and worst, i am getting realy pissed off, help me , chear me up please. And sorry for my english.
Uhh, just take a few days off. Maybe you'll get better.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Sometimes you gotta take a break, well for me anyways I need to. You could just be getting better and noticing you mistakes more. What specific skills/techniques are you working on?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Apparently your speech is getting worse* and worse* too
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
sometimes if you sit down and practice for a while you get the assumtion that you should be progressing rapidly, when you do not find your self progressing as fast as you assumed you would it tricks you brain into thinking your worse than you really are.

what you should take away from this is. dont set the bar to high.
You may want to take some classes on spelling and grammar while youre at it.......but just practice more and you'll get it soon enough, same thing happened to me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by ValoRhoads
get back to basics

try practicing some classical tabs

por ejemplo= fur elise, Bouree
You might be trying to play things that are too hard so even though you think you are getting worse it's just the fact that the stuff you're trying to play is too hard.

Also, are you starting off playing something slowly then speeding up each day. Because you might not be spending enough time getting it really solid slowly, so when you play faster you find out you can't do it.

There is also this thing that happens to me sometimes when i'm playing violin (and ocassionally on guitar). When i first get good at a piece i can play it well, then as i practise i get better and so my fingers start to move faster than there supposed to so i lose the rythm because i can't control my fingers. The i control this is to just practise even more, playing the correct rythm, and after that i can play it better than i ever could before. Therefore, when this happens i get better, then worse, then better.

This doesn't happen to me much but sometimes when i practise exam pieces for ages.

It might be one of these or it might something different, we really need more info to tell.

12345abcd3

EDIT: TS apologised for his english, so stop knocking him for it.
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by Andrievs
Yeah as more i play as more it goes wrong, i have been laying now for like 3 years in band as a rythm guitarist and so on, but now in summer, i wanted to spend like 4 h on my guitar, So i didit now for like week, and i am playing more worst and worst, i am getting realy pissed off, help me , chear me up please. And sorry for my english.

Your trying to hard.

Don't spend hours with the guitar because you want to be good..... spend hours with the guitar because you enjoy playing. If your constantly judging yourself, your bound to be disappointed. Just play the damn guitar, have fun, and don't worry about it.
Quote by GuitarMunky
Your trying to hard.

Don't spend hours with the guitar because you want to be good..... spend hours with the guitar because you enjoy playing. If your constantly judging yourself, your bound to be disappointed. Just play the damn guitar, have fun, and don't worry about it.

Agreed 100%

And as 12345abcd3 said, leave the TS alone for the grammar
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by andy331
worse and worse*****

LOL yeah i was gonna say, your grammar is getting bad too! :P

ive always considered myself a sloppy player... but its not like im fvcking up all the time, and i know my scales and positions, so its not like im a crap player, thats just my style.

ive always considered everything i do (drawing, writing, my signature) to be very sloppy.. though intelligently backed.

its all about how YOU play.. ive heard Buddy Guy took alot of crap cause his style and onstage personality, then Clapton came out with Cream and everyone was like "whoa! so thats what buddy guy was all about?!"
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
Apparently your speech is getting worse* and worse* too

Dude, the guy doesn't know English well, get off his back.
One reason that for you becoming "worse"; maybe you're becoming more atuned to what you're playing, thus recognising more mistakes?

John Wheatcroft, a great guitar teacher (I think he taught Freepower at one point) said that if him and a student were each to compile a list of things they were bad at on guitar, his would be longer: not because he was worse, but because he could see more mistakes and problems in his playing.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
if him and a student were each to compile a list of things they were bad at on guitar, his would be longer: not because he was worse, but because he could see more mistakes and problems in his playing.

+1, and the more attuned to playing you become the more blatant your inadequecies become. personally although i love playing i have a love/hate relationship with compliments because I like any other guitarist like to hear them, i still hear all the flaws with my playing and have trouble just taking a compliment and saying thank you..... usually in the back of my mind im screaming "are you kidding? this was picked wrong and I played the wrong chord inversion there and the run there wasn't clean at all" but i force myself to just smile and say thanks.

i think the TS needs to just relax and maybe stick with the simple stuff, and work on what he thinks he's doing wrong and just take it slowly. never play faster than you can play cleanly TS, just go at whatever speed you feel most comfortable and can make sound good even if its incredibly slow. people (who you're playing to) would rather hear something slow and clean that sounds good than fast, sloppy and crappy sounding.
to TS yea man i know what you mean. i think these people here are right the more you play to more apt you are to notice your mistakes. for example i thought that i was playing pretty cleanly when i did scales. but at that time i was simply learning the scales themselves and not actually paying attention to my technique. now when i play i can hear where i'm not muting and it drives me crazy. i'm working really really really hard at it but i can't seem to do it all the time. i just console myself with the thought that hopefully one day i'll finally get it if i work at it.

yea man, keep practicing, go back to basics (it's not actually regression because you're fixing mistakes in technique, etc), and try to enjoy yourself.
Quote by J.A.M
One reason that for you becoming "worse"; maybe you're becoming more atuned to what you're playing, thus recognising more mistakes?

John Wheatcroft, a great guitar teacher (I think he taught Freepower at one point) said that if him and a student were each to compile a list of things they were bad at on guitar, his would be longer: not because he was worse, but because he could see more mistakes and problems in his playing.

Yeah, "Holdsworth syndrome". Sometimes we can all barely stand our own playing. I know one day i played so badly that i just apologized to my jamming partner and sent him home. The point is that we all go through rough patches.

This week I realised there's some stuff I composed a year ago that I still enjoy now, which is a huge improvement for me. I also didn't realise how much i'd improved technically until i went to the international guitar festival and played with some buddies - as a whole year had passed, the progress i'd made was visible.

Just give it time, and if you don't give up you can only get better.

EDIT: and how do you know Big Wheaty J?
Last edited by Freepower at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by valennic
You may want to take some classes on spelling and grammar while youre at it.......but just practice more and you'll get it soon enough, same thing happened to me.

Fail...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!