So as a gift recently I was given a bass guitar and an amp A roland micro cube RX.

It was basicly just to hold me over until the b-dec30 came in and my uncle would bring bak the roland and, pay the difference its like almost a 100 bucks more.

The roland sounds great and is very loud.

I was reading reviews about the b-dec30 and most people say its great for practice but isnt loud. I'm wonder is it just not loud compared to most amps its size? Or would it be louder than my roland micro cube? How does it stack up? I'm not paying for it so the price dosnt matter to me. I just dont want to get an amp with all these bells and whistles but with less quality and lower sound.

Can anyone tell bassed upon this info? just trying to make an informed descision. It's just I hear so much about how the roland sounds great, but then I hear that the b-dec30 is great for the tools, but just dosnt have the same volume.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MICRO_CUBE_BASS_RX/index.html
http://nstuffmusic.com/pm-1768-2-fender-bdec30-30-watt-1x10-bass-combo-wdsp.aspx
Well, the B-Dec30 will be a lot louder than the Microcube, definately.

Whether the sound is better, I have no idea.

The Microcube is 2.5 or 5W.
The B-Dec30 is 30W.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Neither of which are loud enough for gigging, but neither of them are made for it, they are both practise amps, so they'll only be good for that
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
its just that they say "its not good for gigging but only as a practice amp" over and over, but any other "practice amp" they don't mention that. I mean why arnt they saying about other practice amps "its not good for gigging this practice amp is a practice amp", I mean we all know the b-dec30 is a practice amp so why say that stuff?
In future, can you edit your posts, not double post? Thanks.

Well, 30W is louder than 5W, so the B-Dec will be louder.

We don't feel the need to mention that most practice amps are only for practice, it can be quite self-evident in the name.

And who are "they"?

The wizards?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
In future, can you edit your posts, not double post? Thanks.

Well, 30W is louder than 5W, so the B-Dec will be louder.

We don't feel the need to mention that most practice amps are only for practice, it can be quite self-evident in the name.

And who are "they"?

The wizards?

"they'' are the users who wrote the reviews on the sites. Yes I know it is a practice amp, its just I was confused that people who were reviewing this practice amp kept saying ''yeah It's not good for gigging only practicing'' as though it was not a practice amp. just a little confused. buddy dude. God I can ****ing taste the amphetamines on my breath.
Because so people feel that cranking the volume will get then heard with a drummer.

And out of those two, I would go with the D-Bec.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1