I was playing my new washburn, and whenever I lay my hand anywhere over the bridge pup while playing, the signal cuts

Ive gotten around this, but what could be the problem? Its not a big issue anymore, its just wierd.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You loose sound whenever you place your hand over the bridge pickup, no contact, just near it?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Yeah, thats why I find it wierd. If I place my hand over the bridge pup, the sound gets really deep, like it loses the treble completely.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Yeah, thats why I find it wierd. If I place my hand over the bridge pup, the sound gets really deep, like it loses the treble completely.

Is it a covered humbucker?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
No, its a Seymour Duncan Distortion, its not covered.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
No, its a Seymour Duncan Distortion, its not covered.

It sounds as though your bridge pickup wiring is reversed.

I would check all your ground wires for proper connection, especially those from the bridge pickup. Then find a wiring diagram for your pickup on Seymour duncan's website and compare.

I had a similar issue when installing a new pickup in my guitar, the only difference is my high end would cut out when not touching the tone\volumn knobs (the reverse would happen when I reversed the wires) - My problem was a badly connected bridge ground wire.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Thanks, Ill do that.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You're grounding the pickup with your body. I don't know enough about how your pickup is wired to tell you how to fix that, but I can tell you that that appears to be your problem, which isn't all that rare of a problem so if you couldn't figure it out and took it to your local place of guitaramy they'd probably be able to work it out for you.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
You're grounding the pickup with your body.

Your body is a lousy ground - it better acts as a focal point for electromagnetic interference or as a shield.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311
Your body is a lousy ground - it better acts as a focal point for electromagnetic interference or as a shield.

I totally read that as if you were insulting him. No, YOUR body is a lousy ground!

That, and I've read the title of this thread so many times that I actually had to look up the proper way to spell "weird".
Quote by Bazilisck311

I should apoligize for my misuse of language, I'm bad at physics.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by TheProducer
I totally read that as if you were insulting him. No, YOUR body is a lousy ground!

That, and I've read the title of this thread so many times that I actually had to look up the proper way to spell "weird".

Kinda went overboard on the sauce this morning huh?

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Perhaps your pickup is floating. The ground lead (bare wire) may not be soldered to the guitars ground. If you have a meter (DMM) set it to ohms and measure from the pickup height adjusting screw, which is threaded into the pickup base plate (it's ground) to the bridge or shaft of a pot or to the output jack's ring. It should be at or near zero ohms. If no meter, then remove the cover to access the electronincs and visually check to see the bare ground ewires from both pickups are soldered to the bodies on one or more pots.