3 rules to dead conversations

it is a genuine thing that happens and it pisses me off there is no alternative other than to say bye and leave

you can tell a conversation is dead when:

1) the person in question takes longer than 7 minutes to reply per once sentence you type
2) person in question gives one word answers to a maximum of 6 and offers no development what so ever or any emotional involvement e.g. lol, an emoticon, or any other type of non-robotic element to it.

they normally end what they say in a 'u?' followed by not replying for longer than usual as they feel 'you can wait' and you answering your own question has bought them some valuable time.

..this normally last around 10-11 minutes

3) the person in question asks no questions other than the ones u asked them,
or make no attempt to update the expected 'wuu2?' phrase

it gets really bad when the person ur talking to says

'brb'

as a means of excusing themselves from the insufferable deadness/awkwardness of the conversation when in fact they're still there the whole time noticeable by the fact they stupidly change their screen name or display picture or reply straight away when you ask if they're back or not, as they wont tell you they are.

its at this point you shud think about just leaving because this has now been officially driven into the 'dead conversation' folder. and it aint coming back.

there are other people out there, that the person your trying so hard to please is talking to, that are clearly far more important/interesting than you are!
similarly, they could be watching a movie or perhaps doing something else that requires their ABSOLUTE undivided attention!
so don't bother giving them exactly that.
if i go crazy then will you still call me captain man? o.o
Quote by captain_man07
3 rules to dead conversations

it is a genuine thing that happens and it pisses me off there is no alternative other than to say bye and leave

you can tell a conversation is dead when:

1) the person in question takes longer than 7 minutes to reply per once sentence you type

I stopped reading there. Is this some guide as to how to have a conversation over MySpace?
why thank you captain obvious

edit. Holy crap have you heard of an edit button?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jun 6, 2008,
**** you guys
its stupidly right for MESSENGER conversations
perhaps if the dude bothered to state that... but still, a decent read, better than (what i assume) is the majority of things that are posted in the ****.
yea its just for online conversations fools
unless some of you follow this pattern in real life
Quote by rigiddigits
Maybe you should talk to people in real life instead of on the internets.

i didnt realise there were several internets
i do go outside during the day jackass, wat do i do sometimes in the evening i wonder? oh wait its cool to stay outside.
yeah when people reply "ok" to everythig that really kills it for me =(

1:So i went to a concert tonight, it was great!

2k...

1: :|...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.