I have alot of time on my hands including a 4 hour a day daily commute which only half the time I drive and extra time through the day. I just started playing guitar again after a 2 year break and im starting over with the basics. So is there any good books or anything that I should try to learn to help my playing any? I bascially want to be able to play it all not just one style. I like Metal, rock, and country music.

Thanks
If you havent already check out some lessons on this site or other sites. This one is my favorite JUSTINGUITAR
Just click the beginner, basics and technique lessons. Make sure to paractice the MINIMUM MOVEMENT Lesson and the FINGER GYM under technique. Then do the theory lessons once your technique is good. hope that helps GOOD LUCK
I have a watch and learn vid that im learning the chords on and stuff and I have been planning on checking out that site but Im mainly looking for something I can read without the internet. I have a laptop but I dont carry it to work with me so if there is anything good out there it needs to be like a book or something.
Last edited by Joshanders86 at Jun 6, 2008,
John petrucci's rock discipline. best book ever made
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman