Page 1 of 2
I would go with the ESP, or the 2nd Epi LP Standard.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
That ESP would be a terrible idea. It seems to me that everyone's choosing it because of the name on the headstock . It has an agathis body, as opposed to the Mahogany you can get on the Epiphones and Dean.

Personally, I'd go with the G-400 because it'll give you a brighter tone overall which is probably more suited to your styles.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
That ESP would be a terrible idea. It seems to me that everyone's choosing it because of the name on the headstock . It has an agathis body, as opposed to the Mahogany you can get on the Epiphones and Dean.

Personally, I'd go with the G-400 because it'll give you a brighter tone overall which is probably more suited to your styles.

yeah, and also, not that it matters[/sarcasim]-_- , but the ESP has a bolt on neck, and the Epiphone is a set neck if i'm correct.
O O

___
Dean, for sure. Nicer pickups, good wood, quality control, can't go wrong.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by klb93
If you don't mind, take a looky at this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=512296

Better bang for the buck then Epi Not sure about lefty availability though.

THIS.

Michael Kelly guitars are absolutely outstanding for the price.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
I looked and looked buy couldnt find a lefty one?
Last edited by ¤TabMaster¤ at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
I looked and looked buy couldnt find a lefty one?

well that sucks.....
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
For hard rock, I would without a doubt go for the Epiphone Les Paul Standard with the ebony finish, or the other...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
I HAVE to hit someone for not mentioning this. AGILE! Its a risk normally to not really be able to try the guitar, but in this case its 100% worth it. The staff is AMAZINGLY nice to talk to, and the guitars are top notch.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000bklh.html

If you don't like the color, there are many others. And the price is cheap for such a great quality guitar. Even if you didn't like the pups, you could buy new ones EASY! Its a win, win.

EDIT: Out of those you named, the Epi I'd say. Not a big fan of it, but its not bad at all.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Hey! That looks like a great deal! Heres a stupid question though, Can i put normal say... emg's in a left guitar?
Don't do it! Those EMGs are SOOOO muddy and crappy. Never get EMG passives. If anything email Kurt, the maker of Agile about a custom left Al-3000. The pickups and overall build on an Al-3000 is amazing. It'll give you amazing tone for every genre with just the stock pickups. Although for most metal you'll probably need a pick up change.
Just say I'd like *so and so model* but a left version. He'll respond quickly with an answer on the price. He might not be able to do it, when I tried to get a custom Ab-3000 he said he was busy till mid June with orders.

Also, you cannot go wrong with a Al-3000. Very amazing quality and sound, definatly better than any Epiphone and almost all LP knock-offs., except for a few Epiphone Elitist models.

Edit: If you wondered, his email is Kurt@Rondomusic.com
Al-2000 is a great deal aswell, but it really doesn't compare to a 3000. You get so much for upgrading, I don't have much expierience with the 2000, since all I own is a 3000. I've heard good things about them though.
http://www.rondomusic.com/alspec.html

Basicly, you get many things. A better maple top, Better Binding, much better pick ups, MUCH better wiring, Mahogany neck compared to maple, Ebony Fretboard compared to Rosewood, Better nut, and overall much better build quality.

Also, it should cost around $160-200 dollars more, not $250.
Agile AL-2000/3000 hands down. Use the rest for upgrades or a new amp.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I sent you a message stangconv. I am hearing lots of good things about these Agiles. I take it there so cheap because its the one guy who makes it or what? Why are they so cheap?
Last edited by ¤TabMaster¤ at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
I sent you a message stangconv. I am hearing lots of good things about these Agiles. I take it there so cheap because its the one guy who makes it or what? Why are they so cheap?

Because they don't overprice everything like the big guitar companies can. Gibson can charge a ****load extra on their guitars just for having Gibson on the headstock. Agile is a fairly small company, but I assure you, very good quality for the price.

Edit: It's not one guy who makes it, but they have a factory in Korea.
Ahh. Makes sense. Would it be wise to spend $400 on a Agile and not buy a $400 Epiphone? For the money, what one is better? From what i gather its the Agile.
Agile > Epiphone definatly. The only LP knock-offs that are as good as an Agile is really the Michael Kelly Patriot.
I guess Agile it is now =] I just need to figure out what one. If you could help me pick one thats already made, or a righty one that i can email him and ask for a left version, that would be great. No more then $400 though please =]

Oh and Marco i messaged you too. Did you get it?
Page 1 of 2