heyy . im getting a new guitar its come down to between , 1.Gibson sg Goddess
2.Gibson Lp goddess
3.Fender usa Deluxe strat.

Does anybody have any of these ?and what are they like ??
any advice is greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!
tnx
Both of those Goddess' are godly.............ess.
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
I find it so hard to believe that everyone buying a guitar always gets down to an LP and a Strat. I get that these are the two "main" guitars, or whatever you'd like to call them, but they are so incredibly different from one another. It just doesn't make sense. You think you'd have an idea of what you'd like--at least between those two. I can see comparing 3 Strat-style or 3 LP-style.
definitely the strat

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

How big are your hands?
What do you want to sound like?
Do you demand whammy?
How much does feedback bother you?
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
How big are your hands?
What do you want to sound like?
Do you demand whammy?
How much does feedback bother you?

What kind of music do you like?
What kind of tone are you looking for?
What pedals are you running?
What amp are you running?
What style of fretboard do you like (radius)?
Whats your prefered neck shape?
Do you have any problems with heavy guitars?

Etc etc..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
how about getting a vaguely interesting or unusual guitar instead of being a clone of millions of generic guitarists around the world?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Well, you have to appreciate the effort, I was trying to simplify... =P

Jeowy -- being interesting for the sake of interesting is just as bad an idea as being generic for the sake of being generic.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by jeowy
how about getting a vaguely interesting or unusual guitar instead of being a clone of millions of generic guitarists around the world?

With that line of thinking, one could argue that simply by playing guitar one is becoming a clone. Wait, no, playing anything. No, wait, listening to music. No, wait...you get the point.

Nice cover for not having any real advice.
i like most music from Elliot minor to AC/Dc and from bily talent to the sex pistols !!!!!! ,
i have a boss rc-2, a multi-effects pedal , and a boss distortion .
i have a marshall 100dfx ,
and i have no problem with heavy guitars , (i have an epiphone lp and its quite heavy so i reli dont mind)
Me2NiK - i disagree. i dont see anything wrong with being interesting for the sake of being interesting, but - more to the point - im suggesting being interesting for the sake of variation and a wider choice, as opposed to the 2 most well known brands of guitars. i understand your point, but i think you misunderstood mine.

TheProducer - your analogy is flawed in a countless number of ways, which i wont waste anyones time by listing. my line of thinking is that most begginner guitarists are brainwashed into believing that fender and gibson are the only two brands that make high quality guitars, thus being made into "clones" of the proffessional guitarists that popularised those brands in the past. Therefore, i feel that it's important for those of us with a bit more experience playing a number of different guitars to sway these begginers into being more open minded.

nevertheless i apologise for the rudeness in my initial post. i just get annoyed when i see countless fender vs fender, fender vs gibson, gibson vs gibson threads. ibanez, ESP, dean, jackson, PRS, schecter - there's countless more choice and variation out there.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
Me2NiK - i disagree. i dont see anything wrong with being interesting for the sake of being interesting, but - more to the point - im suggesting being interesting for the sake of variation and a wider choice, as opposed to the 2 most well known brands of guitars. i understand your point, but i think you misunderstood mine.

TheProducer - your analogy is flawed in a countless number of ways, which i wont waste anyones time by listing. my line of thinking is that most begginner guitarists are brainwashed into believing that fender and gibson are the only two brands that make high quality guitars, thus being made into "clones" of the proffessional guitarists that popularised those brands in the past. Therefore, i feel that it's important for those of us with a bit more experience playing a number of different guitars to sway these begginers into being more open minded.

nevertheless i apologise for the rudeness in my initial post. i just get annoyed when i see countless fender vs fender, fender vs gibson, gibson vs gibson threads. ibanez, ESP, dean, jackson, PRS, schecter - there's countless more choice and variation out there.

I agree

TS, there's a guitar that has somewhat of a strat shape and feel, but the SG and somewhat LP Tone that can get strat tones out there, i love it, i've played one and it's great. A PRS Mira. You should really check it out.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiraWMT
For looks, go with the SG goddess. For sound, it depends on what you wanna do - the SG's more of a rock beat, whilst the strat's got Blues covered.
^ Okay, true - So theres' more than 2 style of guitar up there, but tbh, those 2 are what the guy wants to take a look at - We're guitarists, not car salesmen here
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Wasn't the goddess designed and marketed towards females? Sorry for being closed minded, but it's pretty gay to see a guy playing a goddess.

We need more info TS, but I'm saying strat because I love strats.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Wasn't the goddess designed and marketed towards females? Sorry for being closed minded, but it's pretty gay to see a guy playing a goddess.

We need more info TS, but I'm saying strat because I love strats.

Just what I was thinking...
^ They were aimed at women in one way, but they are useful to anyone who is smaller than normal. They are lighter than regular models and slimmer and to be honest, I think they're pretty cool looking. I like the purple burst.

Quote by ramonesclash
i like most music from Elliot minor to AC/Dc and from bily talent to the sex pistols !!!!!! ,
i have a boss rc-2, a multi-effects pedal , and a boss distortion .
i have a marshall 100dfx ,
and i have no problem with heavy guitars , (i have an epiphone lp and its quite heavy so i reli dont mind)

You're goin to get a lot of people saying this, so I might as well go ahead and be the first.

You need to update the amp. That's going to be the majority of your tone. It's goin to be a minimal change from updating your guitar.

Anyways, out of those guitars, I like the Strat the most.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
rite i get your line of thinking !! at it wasnt becoz i thught the two brand names were the best , it was bcoz it tried loads of guitars including fender gibsn jackson dean and esp bt it came dwn to those three !!
in the end i went with a gibson sg (i couldnt get the goddess , so i go a brand new sg only on the market fo lyk 2 weeks )
bt i no how ya feel i h8 the fender vs fender , gibson vs gibson as well !!!!!!!
Quote by TheProducer
I find it so hard to believe that everyone buying a guitar always gets down to an LP and a Strat. I get that these are the two "main" guitars, or whatever you'd like to call them, but they are so incredibly different from one another. It just doesn't make sense. You think you'd have an idea of what you'd like--at least between those two. I can see comparing 3 Strat-style or 3 LP-style.

agreed.

on-topic: get a tokai/edwards/blade/other japanese copy. better value in europe, by far, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheProducer

Agreed.

They are very different guitars. Pick the one that feels best idk....duh
Quote by TheProducer

Have you ever noticed how strats and LPs are used in virtually all the same types of music...?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

have you ever noticed how they sound completely different?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sorry for being closed minded, but it's pretty gay to see a guy playing a goddess.

What about the Minarik Medusa or the Hello Kitty strat. By that logic it's pretty gay to use any facial product besides aftershave. Also, the TS might not be a guy.

Beyond that, my advice is to try them in the store, upgrade your amp and then decide. I have an LP copy and the one thing I hate the most is that they're so darned HEAVY. I played a Dean Razorback V in GC last night and besides the fact that the V shape is difficult to play sitting down, it felt like butter.

Also, another consideration is that the fretboards on the LPs are, by tradition, wider. If you've got potato fingers like I do, it might be a nice little addition.

Really since the tone will be comparable between the two, you REALLY need to see how they feel for yourself.
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you ever noticed how they sound completely different?

Exactly. And feel completely different and look completely different and so on.

I'm just saying, I think people often come down to choosing between them for the wrong reasons.
One TS do you even know who the ramones are, argh i hate that its become a trend and a faishon to asscoaite yourself with them they are so awsome

Two better amp now zak wylde may say its overdrive is crushing but marshall mg100dfx SUCK big time
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by TheProducer
Exactly. And feel completely different and look completely different and so on.

I'm just saying, I think people often come down to choosing between them for the wrong reasons.

agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GuitarManDan15
One TS do you even know who the ramones are, argh i hate that its become a trend and a faishon to asscoaite yourself with them they are so awsome

Dude, unecessary and elitist. Don't perpetuate the least becoming trend of these forums...
I would reccommend getting the SG Godess or the LP Godess depending on how you want to play.

If you are planning on using the upper neck, and want sharper sounds, get the SG. But if you want something that looks good, has a more "flat sounding" sound, and you get bragging rights for owning it, get the LP.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.