I just got a DiMarzio humbucker and it has writing on the bottom.
Does it matter whether I install it with the text right side up (wire coming out of the top half) or if I install it with the text upside down (wire coming out of the bottom half)
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
yes it does, but I have no experience with DiMarzios so I can't help you figure out which way to put it in, but I'm sure someone who knows will show up eventually.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
it will give u a different sound i put in upside down
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by opc100
put it writing up, it's just common sense man

actually, while that is pretty common, there are pups that don't follow that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I just want to make sure which way it is supposed to go in "normally" cause it's a hassle fitting the pickup into the body with the strings still on it.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
The voicing of most pickups is different from high end to low end. There are actually a lot of guys that like inverting their pickups to get a little more warmth on the high strings and a little more edge on the low strings.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
alright. I will just see if I like it the way I put it in.
thanks for the help.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
try it both ways to see which you prefer. if it has one set of slug coils and one of screws, though, the convention generally is that the screw coils go closest to the bridge in the case of the bridge humbucker, while they go closest to the neck in the case of the neck humbucker...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When you say 'writing' do you mean the brand name DiMarzio or something else totally? I'm not familiar with DiMarzio but my Duncans say Seymour Duncan on top and it was pretty obvious which way was up.

I have heard of people installing them upside down. Where's Roc?

?
For Dimarzios, the conventional way is to put it in apparently upside down in the bridge (so that you can read the writing on the underside of the pickup from the neck's point of view and the right way up in the neck.

Hope that helped.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX