Hello all,
I have a quick question about harmonizing modes. When harmonizing the modes of the major scale do you use the same harmonization process as when harmonizing the major scale? Such as the major scale harmonized is major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished. When harmonzing Dorian for example which is the 2nd mode, would you just start on Minor then go to minor, major, major, minor, diminished, major? Then Phrygian would be: minor, major, major, minor, diminished, major, minor? I think this looks right, however i dont want to learn it the wrong way so i figured i would ask you experts.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
Quote by jetsrule281
Hello all,
I have a quick question about harmonizing modes. When harmonizing the modes of the major scale do you use the same harmonization process as when harmonizing the major scale? Such as the major scale harmonized is major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished. When harmonzing Dorian for example which is the 2nd mode, would you just start on Minor then go to minor, major, major, minor, diminished, major? Then Phrygian would be: minor, major, major, minor, diminished, major, minor? I think this looks right, however i dont want to learn it the wrong way so i figured i would ask you experts.

yep you got the idea.