well pretty much everything Yngwie Malmsteen has every recorded has sweeping, but if you only stared learning to sweep pick you should probably just work with arpeggio shapes until you have reasonable speed built up, it's a lot less frustrating than trying to learn a song and having it come out sounding horrible until you get it (which tends to take awhile.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i think synyster gates uses sweep picking in some avenged sevenfold songs...
[quote="'CrystalMeth[od"]']oh, and get this, when I shook her dads hand I said "Nice to meet you sir, I'm here to **** your daughter, and all he said was "be safe" lol

Blindfolds Aside - Protest the Hero

the solo has a single, fairly simple sweep. Try it!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
every necrophagist solo has cool sweeping

if u havnt heard of them i have a vid of me playin one of their solos on my profile
If you want to try some intense sweeps try alaska by between the buried and me the whole opening is basicaly sweep picking.
towards dead end has a nice starter sweep.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
towards dead end has a nice starter sweep.

thanks, that's the stuff that i was looking for.
between the buried and me, the end of "selkies the endless obsession", and the intro to "alaska" will give you some sweeps/movement
i am still trying to master these myself
i dont care about your band.pretty soon here i'm gonna start a revolution. then you can be a funny little footnote on my epic ass.
Quote by laxcountry07
between the buried and me, the end of "selkies the endless obsession", and the intro to "alaska" will give you some sweeps/movement
i am still trying to master these myself

The sweep solo to Selkies is one of the best I've ever heard. Do try it, if you're man enough.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Quote by hellfire17
If you want to try some intense sweeps try alaska by between the buried and me the whole opening is basicaly sweep picking.

+1

EDIT:
i just thought of another good one. Pissing in the mainstream - Dying Fetus.
intro has some cool sweeps.
Last edited by Carl_Martin at Jun 8, 2008,