Ok I got a cheap Strat knock off and I've been trying to make it scream, but when I do it is a very suttle and there is little tone difference. I was wondering if the tension or strenth of my Tremolo Springs affects this or if is just my 3 watt amp. Please also include tips for making it more... hear-able (sorry for poor grammer lol)
Because it doesn't have the proper tremolo.
If you wanna scream, you're gonna need a Floyd Rose or something similar.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Set the bridge pickup - raise the gain, pinch all over the pickup area to find the one place that really lets it scream.

Harmonics are all about position and technique.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Pyro1621
I got a cheap Strat knock off...3 watt amp.

shouldn't that answer your question?
Quote by Underjoggle

This is it......Try dumping your whammy (pushing it down a bit), hit a natural harmonic then slowly release the bar.....sounds cool on my friend's since I've no tremolo....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
try setting up the trem so it floats, it still won't be as extreme as a Floyd Rose, but it will help.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Underjoggle

more bad advice.................... just turn up the gain and practice your pick harmonic's......if your trem only pushes down..........pick a harmonic and bend the string while pushing down on the trem. while holding the bend pull back on the trem. takes some practice but you will get it. if you have a floating trem pick a harmonic and pull.................scream away.
it also helps if you have the EQ set where the treble is all the way up.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.