The series finale is on, pretty interesting stuff.

I think he's one of the greatest minds in this generation. His understanding of the mind is fascinating.

Anybody else watching? What do you think about him?
His shows are normally amazing (this series hasnt been as good though), his specials are even better.

I remember one, where at the end of the show, none of the audience could remember what actually happened during it. I though, "haha, what fools" and then slowly realized I couldnt quite remember what happened either apart from one trick.
I watched the one with the Timelord on and didn't think it was as good as other stuff I'd seen with him. He's still pretty cool though.
What happened at the end there? It said dedicated to the memory of so and so who lost her life after filming, but then the voiceover woman said Derren was only joking. Eh?

I dont think half an hour gives him justice either, he really needs hour long shows if he's just doing one big stunt.
Quote by mattreid222
^remember she was the one who did all the unlucky stuff?

Oh yeah, haha. I couldnt remember her face or name or whatever, so thought she was a guest from one of the earlier episodes.
Quote by DanRev
His shows are normally amazing (this series hasnt been as good though), his specials are even better.

I remember one, where at the end of the show, none of the audience could remember what actually happened during it. I though, "haha, what fools" and then slowly realized I couldnt quite remember what happened either apart from one trick.

which one is that?

I believe he is probably the most talented guy to come out of Britain, hes amazing. He proves that things like religion and superstition is just all in people's minds.

Quote by DanRev
What happened at the end there? It said dedicated to the memory of so and so who lost her life after filming, but then the voiceover woman said Derren was only joking. Eh?

I dont think half an hour gives him justice either, he really needs hour long shows if he's just doing one big stunt.

Probably Derren's dark sense of humour
his halloween trick or treat a couple of years ago was amazing

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]

That was the woman who did all that unlucky stuff.

Just bought a book of his on Amazon for a whopping £3.94!
Call me Batman.
i was watching some of the old "trick of the mind" and he did this staring competition, the opponents just kind of crumble back in sheer pain.

HE CAN KILL PEOPLE BY STARING AT THEM!!!!
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by KenMasters
i think he's a fluke...

what?
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
me non speaking too well english guy from da balkans thinks the handsome mister called Derren Brown is not a real thing and he is just teh fraud...
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I watched Evening Of Wonders about half an hour ago. I'm still ****ing speechless.
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by con job
I watched Evening Of Wonders about half an hour ago. I'm still ****ing speechless.

I was speechless when he pulled off the gorilla head especially.

I'm buying tickets to see him in april, although I'll probably have to go on my own.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jan 13, 2009,
I just watched it. My only explaination was that most of the people were stooges, but I really don't know.
Quote by EMGs_rule
his halloween trick or treat a couple of years ago was amazing

yea amazing stfuff
Quote by filthandfury
I just watched it. My only explaination was that most of the people were stooges, but I really don't know.

There was a disclaimer before though that there were no stooges though, was there not?

In an older one he kind of explained how he had done it. Like, I was watching a thing where he convinced Simon Pegg that he wanted a BMX by placing words carefully, etc.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by LordBishek
He's a grade A genius.

He probably had that written on a piece of paper 2 minutes before you typed that.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
He probably had that written on a piece of paper 2 minutes before you typed that.

It's all very simple (for him lol). This show was very poor, Derren's best shows are when he does something with a group of people, on a more social basis. This show tonight was too "ooh look into my eyes" sort of thing, when Derren himself proves these magicians are usually fakes.

What he's doing is a very extreme form of NLP. Or he takes the basics from it and uses it. There are many factors to his show, he has a great amount of knowledge on many different sides of psychology. And nothing stereotypical, mainly simple, everyday facts that we fail to notice (use of langauge, body language, cues, all forms of non verbal comunication and his best skill ; his character)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming

Check it out for yourself. I know he doesnt use this exactly, but its based on these ideas.
Quote by CTFOD
There was a disclaimer before though that there were no stooges though, was there not?

In an older one he kind of explained how he had done it. Like, I was watching a thing where he convinced Simon Pegg that he wanted a BMX by placing words carefully, etc.

I didn't see the beginning. And I don't see how it can be done I mean a lot of his stuff is using your subconscious, like the one where he payed for something with blank pieces of paper, he was saying about using the subway and saying that his friend said "just take it".

But the rest of his stuff leaves me totally mindfucked. I'd love to know more about that kinda thing.
Quote by filthandfury
I didn't see the beginning. And I don't see how it can be done I mean a lot of his stuff is using your subconscious, like the one where he payed for something with blank pieces of paper, he was saying about using the subway and saying that his friend said "just take it".

But the rest of his stuff leaves me totally mindfucked. I'd love to know more about that kinda thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapport

Start here

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/NLP_Mirror_and_Matching_the_basis_of_Modeling.html

Then learn mirroring.

...Yes, i'm a sad Derren Brown fanboy lol.
I've seen him live twice. amazing. my friend even took part in one of his bits.
people say it's not real but what he does is so logical, you can see why people do fall for it.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I went to see him in Blackpool and he was amazing. Can't wait to see his new show that starts on the 11th
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton