Right, so I was thinking of doing a band with 2 of my mates, after out exams finish (next week ) and the idea was to make a Death Metal band, but last night I was talking to one of the other guys about it (rhythm/lead guitarist), and he said he doesn't really wanna do a Death Metal band any more, and that he'd like to be in a Thrash metal band instead. I had a word with my other friend today (drummer) and he said he still wanted to make a Death Metal band, and so do I, so what should I do? kick the other guitarist out? I can play both rhymth and lead guitars, bass and growl of some sort, and I have a drummer who still wants to do a Death Metal band, so I suppose we could do some recordings with a 2 man band, then try and find some people to gig with after doing some recordings? What do you guys think? Or shall I just keep the Thrash guitarist even though he lacks desire for the music?
if i lived near you id join you on your epic quest cause you sound pretty cooool, but i think a two man band would be awsome, very original and just generally great fun, less chance of people getting pissed off with each other.

Good luck with the band and also in the exams

Peace dude.
dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

And the difference between thrash metal and death metal is....
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
if your really going to bitch about what specific type of metal you want to do and if your friend does not want to play with you because of a label then:

A. You all suck to much at life to play metal.
B. Your friend is not really a friend of any sort and is a vagina anyway for crying about it.
C. Stop adhering to labels.
Quote by \m/Gaz
puss?

I just don't like the fact that he's gunna make the band sound like Metalica

Since when did all thrash metal sound like Metallica? There would be no death metal if it wasn't for Thrash.

And is this band for performing live or just recording/jamming? I love minimalistic bands, but I have never seen it done with metal.
I know, but this guy's obsessed with Metallica, it's the only Thrash band he listens to, obsessed is the perfect word, all (or most) of his compositions are Metallica ripoffs, and yeah, perform live but we'll need some other musicians to help out live, since I can't play 2 guitars, bass and growl at the same time
Take some elements from death metal, and some from thrash.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

^ He's right y'know. This is how music progresses and how new styles are invented.
'Rock 'n' roll' the grandaddy of all modern rock and metal, itself came about by crossing blues and country.

Try it, see what happens.
Quote by element4433

Exactly.

Death and Thrash are very closely related. There's no reason why you can't play both or combine the two.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by \m/Gaz
puss?

I just don't like the fact that he's gunna make the band sound like Metalica

thats a **** load better than sounding like every other death metal band.
Thrash influenced Death. Thrash riffs/tempo + Death vocals/drums? Whatever you choose to do, the two genres aren't as different as you might think.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Nah, I know it's not a huge diference, and I guess mixing genres will make it more original so I guess that's what we'll do, dunno how it'll turn out, but ahh well, I'm the main songwriter atm anyway, so I'll write some DM and maybe use some of the Rhythm guitarist's thrash influenced ideas, should make it less... what's the word... predictable?
Quote by \m/Gaz
dunno how it'll turn out,

That's the fun of doing it though, finding out what it sounds like. If it sounds like nothing you've ever heard before, but still sounds good, then you've cracked it.
^ yup, I'm actually experimenting with other genres right now, not Thrash, but still, this is my own pieces I'm working on, nothing to do with my band, but I think it should work, both are types of metal so they're not gunna sound stupid together, and considering I'm the current main songwriter, I can pretty much just write DM and add some Thrash ideas in in places when it comes to bringing what I have to band practice, as well as elements from other genres too.
trash and death??
just jam together and and ignore labels, i mean they aer both metal, not the same, but metal anyways so work it out and jam to see if you do something great
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
2 man band? it'll work...thrash deathmetal = pwn. Look at exodus...not so much DEATH metal, but still pretty ****ing orgasmic
Just forget metal and play music like Nickelback and Hinder.

Edit: Seriously, just take elements from both genres. And make sure you get a bassist.
Last edited by werty22 at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by werty22
Just forget metal and play music like Nickelback and Hinder.

I would actually not mind being in a non-metal band too, but my main interest and inspiration is in Metal, so I definatley wanna go down that road with at least one band.

by the way, which would be a better name for the project?

Krypsis or Osculatory?
Its generally alot easier to work with one other person. You can do everything that you want to do, and not be held back. But it seems at the same time you miss out on alot of different perspective which could help.

Work with your buddy a little then if you don't like the direction you're headed tell him and work something out even if it means parting.

btw Osculatory sounds good.
2 of my friends have a 2 person band... It works out very well...

1 on Acoustic guitar, the other on piano

Probably wont work as well for death metal though
If your going to record with a bass then fine, but it would sound sooo empty without the lower end.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
My band is basically a two man band w/ a vocalist/sax; if me or the drummer could sing while playing our instruments, we wouldn't need the singer/saxophonist. Anyway, most GOOD bands are combinations of its players. Incorporating thrash elements into death metal would kick major ass.
There are some bands that mix two genres together.

Like Between the Buried and Me
They have the rape-you-in-the-ass music mixed with the soft luv-u-4-ever-teddy-bear genre and it sounds great.

Switch back and forth between Trash and Death. become inovaters and make a Threath band. Metal heads will love ya =]
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Quote by freshtunes

...blindingly obvious
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by freshtunes

Oh God, you'd better be glad this isn't the metal forum, or you would be dead now.
Combine both styles and make Deathrash Metal.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by scream_it
Combine both styles and make Deathrash Metal.

i hate the term "deathrash". why name a genre something that sounds like a fatal skin irritation?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
i hate the term "deathrash". why name a genre something that sounds like a fatal skin irritation?

Sounds scarily appropriate to me.

To TS, choose a band name later, that way it might actually mean something to your band.
Also, those names are, im my honest and humble opinion, shit