Just a quick question... Anyone with a les paul ultra use it to play harder rock with quite a bit of distortion. What do you think about it? Or do you use it more for light rock?
Les Pauls are great for harder Rock. they helped shape the sound of Hard Rock to be exact.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
just go for it.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
the best thing to do would be to try some out at a music store
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
The body is almost completely chambered, so you need to treat it more like a semi-hollowbody archtop (like a ES-335 or Dot), rather than like a Les Paul. In fact it's bets to not even think of it as a Les Paul at all really. Personally I think it's really dumb of Epiphone to call them the LP Ultra and Ultra-II, because it makes them sound like they're the most idealistic, perfect Les Pauls ever, when actually they sound and feel completely different.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The body is almost completely chambered, so you need to treat it more like a semi-hollowbody archtop (like a ES-335 or Dot), rather than like a Les Paul. In fact it's bets to not even think of it as a Les Paul at all really. Personally I think it's really dumb of Epiphone to call them the LP Ultra and Ultra-II, because it makes them sound like they're the most idealistic, perfect Les Pauls ever, when actually they sound and feel completely different.

Different yes, but they're awesome guitars. Epiphone make some great semi-hollows, definitely their strongest area.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay