I just finished watching this vid
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345&q=melodic+control

Which I learned a lot from, I really enjoyed it. Now I was wondering if someone could give me something that is more of a lesson to get to doing some of the stuff in the vid rather than him just showing me what he's doing, I want something that will break it down even further for me.

Anyone have anything like this?
"Chord Tone Soloing" by Brent Tagliabonnabanna (sorry can't remember his
name -- something long and italian sounding ) This has basics and in tab.

If you want the not dumbed down stuff (even Melodic Control is a bit dumbed down),
"Connecting Chords With Linear Harmony" by Bert Ligon. It's not real hard, but it
is pretty much jazz and all standard notation.
Quote by edg
"Chord Tone Soloing" by Brent Tagliabonnabanna (sorry can't remember his
name -- something long and italian sounding ) This has basics and in tab.

If you want the not dumbed down stuff (even Melodic Control is a bit dumbed down),
"Connecting Chords With Linear Harmony" by Bert Ligon. It's not real hard, but it
is pretty much jazz and all standard notation.

Sweet man thanks!

Anyone else have anything?
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline goes throught lead work in pretty good detail, you should check that out.
Quote by Retro Rocker
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline goes throught lead work in pretty good detail, you should check that out.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

Brought up the thread today to see if anyone else had anything. Anyone?
Get Ted Greenes single note soloing and also every book that Ted Greene did. Those books will last you a lifetime
Quote by Captain Garry
Get Ted Greenes single note soloing and also every book that Ted Greene did. Those books will last you a lifetime

Where might I find these books?
Quote by Guitarfreak777
No need to be rude.
When people lack the ability to use basic resources, some mockery isn't out of the question. Besides, the neck time you have a question like that, you'll remember to "just fucking google it."