Heya i've been playing for 2 years and a half and with alot of practice i have picked up alot of speed with pentatonics and minor scales and i thought i'd give sweep picking a go.

learnt a very basic exercise but I dont seem to get the hang of speeding up. Im doing 30 mins of metronome work on 175 and i just dont seem to nail it on 180...

Any ideas/suggestions would be aprecciated

thanks,
Jose Montero
Gibson sg special ebony
Boss Gt-10
Roland microcube
marshall mg10

Merry birthday jesus
Quote by josemontero
Heya i've been playing for 2 years and a half and with alot of practice i have picked up alot of speed with pentatonics and minor scales and i thought i'd give sweep picking a go.

learnt a very basic exercise but I dont seem to get the hang of speeding up. Im doing 30 mins of metronome work on 175 and i just dont seem to nail it on 180...

Any ideas/suggestions would be aprecciated

thanks,
Jose Montero

I would say, practice for 10 minutes at 160, then 10 at 170 then 10 and 180 and see what happends. Do these at different times throughout the day, you might just be over playing it.

Like when you for the life of you can't play a riff right, but play it PERFECT the next day.
Maybe you should try 185 after 30 minutes of 175... and then after some minutes of extremely pushing yourself 180 may feel more comfortable. Good luck!
thanks for all the ideas guys
Gibson sg special ebony
Boss Gt-10
Roland microcube
marshall mg10

Merry birthday jesus