Ok so i accidentally grabbed 12s at the guitar place instead of 11s which would be just thicker than what i had on my guitar(10s) and i didnt realize it until i was 3 strings into the process.

So i just kept going and im afraid to tune to E cause i dont know if that'll be bad for it. Like bow the neck. Is it bad for my guitar if i do that?

Should i just take it to my local shop and have them adjust the truss rod or will i be ok for a while? Cause they close in like an hour and i dont wanna go all night without my guitar
I'm Tyler
well i want to go thicker and these would be fine i just dont want to over do it
I'm Tyler
It should be fine.

If you think about it, why would 12 gauge strings exist if they damaged guitars.

BUt if you are that worried, just take 'em off and change them
----
Quote by metaldud536
Just take em off and exchange the strings.

once the strings are on the guitar, the shop won't take em back because they're useless...
Don't randomly change your chords thickness
you must adjust the neck first...
go to the srvice shop, tell em to adjust your neck to 11 and give you a fresh pair pack o chords, it will take you about 35 euros with the strings...

otherwise, you can harm your guitars neck..
experience speaking..
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by Octtwe88
Ok so i accidentally grabbed 12s at the guitar place instead of 11s which would be just thicker than what i had on my guitar(10s) and i didnt realize it until i was 3 strings into the process.

So i just kept going and im afraid to tune to E cause i dont know if that'll be bad for it. Like bow the neck. Is it bad for my guitar if i do that?

Should i just take it to my local shop and have them adjust the truss rod or will i be ok for a while? Cause they close in like an hour and i dont wanna go all night without my guitar

That depends on your guitar neck ... for example, on a quarter sawn neck or a Gibson '50s neck, a change from .010 to .012 is hardly noticeable. On some thin Squier Strat necks, the truss rod may require a tiny tweak.

You should see after re-stringing if there's a bit of a bow and/or high action in the middle. If not, you're cool to go. BTW, don't tweak the truss rod unless you know what you're doing.

Good Luck!

Quote by KenMasters
once the strings are on the guitar, the shop won't take em back because they're useless...
Don't randomly change your chords thickness
you must adjust the neck first...
go to the srvice shop, tell em to adjust your neck to 11 and give you a fresh pair pack o chords, it will take you about 35 euros with the strings...

Pfft. I did that. I took the strings back to Sam Ash and got myself 10's after buying 11's.

But your guitar will sound out of tune in certain parts of the fretbaord if you dont adjust the neck for heavier/light string gauges
Well these are the only strings i have now. And ill down tune all my strings if i have to i just dont really know how high i can take it without doing any damage

EDIT: Right now im tuned to Eb just in case
I'm Tyler
Last edited by Octtwe88 at Jun 6, 2008,
I don't think it will be a big deal.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Not gonna lie the extra beef is kicking my ass. And its an Epi Les Paul if that matters
I'm Tyler
hahahahahahahahah
don't harm a Les Paul...
don't change yer tuning...
just go to the store...
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer