I was looking to purchase my first decent guitar and amp so i was kinda wondering if a Davison guitar and a Hollinger amp is a fairly decent set- up. I just wanna find out before i drop alot of money for one. Thanks in advance!
Quote by 6stringnoob
I was looking to purchase my first decent guitar and amp so i was kinda wondering if a Davison guitar and a Hollinger amp is a fairly decent set- up. I just wanna find out before i drop alot of money for one. Thanks in advance!

What's your price range?
What style(s) will you be using them for?
Will you be playing gigs with them? If so, how big?
normally the proper answer would be buy it if you like it, but in this case, get something better because i haven't heard of either brand.

Questions:
How much are you willing to spend?
What music do you like?
What is your current gear?

EDIT: Late and all of my questions re-phrased?

Touche
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
well im willing to spend about 5 to 600 bucks for the guitar and maybe a bit less for an amp. I would be using it for a few gigs too (nothing too big just a couple concerts showcasing local bands). Ive been using my gibson acoustic mainly and im kinda expanding my musical boundaries.
Quote by 6stringnoob
well im willing to spend about 5 to 600 bucks for the guitar and maybe a bit less for an amp. I would be using it for a few gigs too (nothing too big just a couple concerts showcasing local bands). Ive been using my gibson acoustic mainly and im kinda expanding my musical boundaries.

Well, your definatley going to want to spend more on the amp then you do the guitar. Your amp is the major part of your tone. And i'll post again in a couple minutes with some suggestions. I don't think the ones that you were looking at will suit you good.
sweet thanks for the suggestions drag. Its funny though because the davison i was looking at looks exactly like that epiphone. As far as the amp goes, they look almost exactly what im looking for.