i was wondering if anyone else on this site has had a severe chemical burn. i have one i got two days ago at work. i didnt even realize it was a burn until i went to the Emergency Room today.
im a busboy at a local restaurant, and the bottle of cleaning stuff i keep hooked on my pocket, and it must have leaked into my pocket and on to my leg. it looked like a bruise and was all swollen at first. i got home that night and could barely walk. i tried going to sleep but couldnt, i just layed there for several hours in pain. i finally fell asleep about 5 in the morning. i woke up at about 6:30 in the morning. I laid in bed for nearly an hour, unaware of the time. I laid there literally screaming in pain. I finally got up and was going to call off of work, i couldnt make it to the phone. i fell over because it was too difficult to walk.
i looked at the clock to see that it was too early to call off, no one would be there for a few more hours. i fell asleep again at about 10:30 after taking many advils for the pain. when i woke up i felt a little better and decided to just go to work.
well the next night at work the stuff continued to leak on the burn, (I still just thought i bumped into something, as it looked like a huge swollen bruise,) causing me some serious pain. By the end of the night i could barely walk and limped like crazy. I told the manager i was injured, but didnt know what happened.
this morning i went to the emergency room and they knew it was a chemical burn as soon as they saw it. i told them it happened at work, and gave me a paper to fill out for workers comp. I went in afterwards to talk to my boss about what had happened. I dont want to end up getting workers comp, because i know as soon as i return to work i will either be fired or will not receive many hours. since i always have strange hours that are inconsistant and random, i asked for him to just not work me next week until about wednesday or thursday so that i wont have to file for workers comp. i hope ill be all healed up by then.
i am suposed to work on sunday but i called off. the boss wasnt there so i left him a message with one of the managers, he should be calling me sometime tonight. Since i went out of my way to save him some money by not getting workers comp, im hoping maybe he will offer to pay for my prescription.
has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? maybe a severe chemical burn? or maybe you once filed for workers comp?

edit/ fixed the format
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Jun 6, 2008,
****, it was but my browser like too often reformat ****.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
pics s'il vous plait.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i second either of the two posts above me.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
punctuation rules, and hope you get better!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
It hurt my eyes, it was just like a steaming heap of words...

I cba reading it basically.
Quote by twolostsouls
Take the goddamn worker's comp.

it wouldnt really be worth it if im fired when i return to work.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Dude, take the comp.
If he's so much of an asshole that he'll fire you for getting something you have the right to, take your money.
Or rape him. (Hey, it's the Pit)
Quote by chea_man
it wouldnt really be worth it if im fired when i return to work.

Why the hell would he fire you? Is he that big of a dick? Id say you're better off taking the comp, and while youre on that start looking for a new job. One where you dont get chemical burns on your ass.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Vinyl_Master
Dude, take the comp.
If he's so much of an asshole that he'll fire you for getting something you have the right to, take your money.
Or rape him. (Hey, it's the Pit)

one weeks pay isnt really worth losing a job. i just work there during summers. its not like its my career.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by valennic
Why the hell would he fire you? Is he that big of a dick? Id say you're better off taking the comp, and while youre on that start looking for a new job. One where you dont get chemical burns on your ass.

haha, did i imply it was on my ass? dang that would suck. its on my upper thigh, right were your front pockets are.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
haha, did i imply it was on my ass? dang that would suck. its on my upper thigh, right were your front pockets are.

Oh, my bad. Thought it was on your back pocket.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Take the comp, then IF he fires you, you could probably get even more for unfair dismissal.
You can always get another job.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
If your boss fires you because you took workers comp then that is grounds to sue him if i am correct. Injuries on the job can be considered the employers fault, in this case the leaking bottle should not have been leaking. I know how you feel though man, i got some oxidizer salt on my arm the week i began working where i do now, it was about 600F, burned like a mother ****er for hours.
you could sue them for a lor of money man

and i should know because i have had no prior training in law whatsoever

go see a lawyer or something man

i mean think about it, if i hit you with my car, im pretty sure you would sue me, well your boss has NO excuse for his negligence, he did not warn you or anything

and btw ur just a bus boy...im sure you can find a better job...

you probably get paid minimum or maybe a bit more, i wouldnt worry about it..

its not hard to find a new job that pays around that much
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Quote by chea_man

Thats near to your dick, no fapping for you. lol. Dude seriously take the comp not your flaut you got burnt to fvck. Hope you recover soon tho
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by thestonedone
tl;dr

If all you're going to say is 'tl;dr', then don't even bother posting, it's basically spam.

Anyway

I know this girl who spilt sulfuric acid on her leg when she was in college. That was pretty nasty.
Quote by Vince Noir
Take the comp, then IF he fires you, you could probably get even more for unfair dismissal.
You can always get another job.

THIS

getting another job would also reduce risks of further chemical injury

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
im sure it wouldnt be a blatant "im fireing you because you took workers comp," it would be like "we dont really have room for you anymore," or i would just slowly not get many hours.
and ive been looking for a new job for quite sometime, im just not having any luck.
i dont want to give up the job because they always give me the time off that i need, my band plays lots of shows and they always give me the time off.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Ok first of all. Don't apply any oils or cold liquids to it. This will only make the chemical compund go deeper/severe the burn if its still present. And if the burn gets worse or dosn't improve within seven days, you should seek medical attention. Otherwise this can get out of hand.

It's a good chance it has also become infected. Because if you were late in discovering it it has sunk into your skin and may remain there as we speak. You probably won't want to try to burst it as this will only increase the chance of infection and if there is anything chemical left in there you won't be able to get it out as it's deep into your tissue now.

By this time, a sterile dressing is probably useless anyways.

Pic(s) and exact name of what caused the burn would help.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
If they did cut your hours down to force you out rather than firing you, you could still sue them for constructive dismissal. Your boss more than likely knows all this so I reckon there's no way he'll fire you for claiming for the injury.
Like XgamerGt04 said, your safety at work is HIS responsibility. You were injured through their negligence so you have every right to claaim.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by twolostsouls
Take the goddamn worker's comp.

+1'000'000
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.