So I was taking apart my squier J-bass to paint it and I couldnt finish the dis-assembling before I had class today so my brother offered to do it. He has alot of experince with electronics and soldering so I thought, sure he can do it alright, so when I get home I find that he had melted part of the pick up. Can I fix it easily myself or should I get pro to look at it?

Quote by Ryker24
So I was taking apart my squier J-bass to paint it and I couldnt finish the dis-assembling before I had class today so my brother offered to do it. He has alot of experince with electronics and soldering so I thought, sure he can do it alright, so when I get home I find that he had melted part of the pick up. Can I fix it easily myself or should I get pro to look at it?

Solder it back and see if it even works. If it's the stock PU and is dead, it'll be easier to justify getting an upgrade ... these things work themselves out.

make him buy you new pickups. now.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Ippon
Solder it back and see if it even works. If it's the stock PU and is dead, it'll be easier to justify getting an upgrade ... these things work themselves out.

best solution. except make ur brother pay
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Are you sure your brother is good at soldering maybe hes good at brazing. Same sort of principles but on vastly different scales. Thats not really an accident it looks like he did that on purpose. "Accident" I was thinking he touched the hot tip to the paint or something not melted the end of the pickup.
why was the soldering iron anywhere near the pickup?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
her said his brother was good at electronics not guitar electronics. so he assumed to take off the wires on the picku too. am i right?
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x