So someone locally is selling a Mesa Boogie Maverick and I want to know what tipe of sound it gives you and some information about it. Also what would be a good price the guy is asking $900 for a 2007 model 2x12 combo but I think it is a little high. But my mane question is can it do the br00talz and how does it stack up with a 6505.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
I know nothing about it, but can make an edjucated guess and say no.....

No let me research it...

Heres what mesa says about it...

From R&B to Country, from Rock to Blues, miked to tape or on the gig the Maverick’s purring, medium gain voice crosses the stylistic frontier and always sounds right at home. Maverick™...we’re stacking the deck. Now DEAL!

D@mn im good...... Sorry just bored...
hmmmm I would say not for metal then. D@mn it looked so sexy I guess I was on false hope sticking with the 6505 then.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
hmmmm I would say not for metal then. D@mn it looked so sexy I guess I was on false hope sticking with the 6505 then.

Lol i've been down that road so many times...... Only thing i have tested to top the 6505 yet is a Engl Fireball but even then it was lacking the 120 watts I needed but it still lead me in the path of Engl so im gonna check out a powerball and a richie blackmore sometime...
lol who needs 120 watts I am modding it to 60
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
lol who needs 120 watts I am modding it to 60

Some one that hates creamy blues sounding metal and needs the head room

My ultra has a switch that takes it down to 60 from 120 you might want to look at one of those. Pretty cheap as well.... Ohh and that said i cant stand the way the 60 watt switch over sounds becuase it breaks up way to quick but due to that you should love it..
I played this thing for like a minute.
I really didn't like it. The cleans were "meh", the overdrive was good, but it was too similar to my peavey classic.
It was sexy though, it had that going for it.
But, it didn't blow me away.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator