I have a quick question about cabs. I know I've heard lots of great things about avatars but are they really that good? I don't care about name brands really but I also don't want to cheap out. Are the more expensive cabs worth it?
I'm mostly looking for a cab that can get a nice heavy sound, so I'm going to go with a cab loaded with V30s I think, but if anyone has any other suggests i'd love to hear them. eminence maybe?
I'm getting sick of the rectoverb and planning to sell it and get a nice tube head in the future, but wanted to get a cab first, since I needed another one anyway. Any help would be appreciated.
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
avatar or vader, ftw!!! one of my friends has an avatar 2x12 for his duel rect and it's pretty sweet
If by heavy you mean "brutal" or whatever then youll definantly want to look at Vader cabs. If you play any type of metal Vaders are the way to go if you can afford them. They come loaded with Eminence Legends. About anything else Avatar just pwns. Incredibly customizable. Incredible cabs period.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
I have a Avatar 1x12 with a Hellatone 30 in it - I'm pretty sure I paid around $250.00 shipped to me brand new - that's pretty damn cheap.

not sure how pricing scales beyond a 1x12 - but it's no secret what speakers they use and how much they retail for.

I pair it with a Zvex Nano for a total price of $750.00

don't know anything about Vader, maybe Carvin?
SRV R.I.P.
Avatar 2x12s start around 298 for the contemporary? style. Which still a great deal.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ