These cases, and others in which people are “attacked” and objects are thrown around, are considered by most researchers today as poltergeist activity. Although poltergeist means “noisy spirit,” current parapsychology theory suggests that they are not spirits or ghosts at all. Poltergeist activity is psychokinetic activity caused by a living person. Usually that person is a teenager undergoing hormonal changes or someone under extreme emotional or psychological stress.

So what we generally consider the scariest aspects of ghosts – objects moving by themselves, TVs turning on, pounding on walls and very rarely a person being injured – are most likely caused by the unconscious working of a living human mind. We can't blame ghosts.

Can someone verify or prove this wrong?
Source

honestly, sounds like bull****, the human mind doing that? i dont think so
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
**** my door just swung open....o it was the wind, its all rubbish we have better things to be talking about like zombies,,,, thier coming!
HAVE A NICE DAY!
That would be cool.......however, its all BS.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Ghosts don't haunt people or places

that's ridiculous

Mc Donald's has captured them all and feeds them to you in big macs
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Sakaluku
Can someone verify or prove this wrong?
Source

I can't actually verify in anyway that can be considered proof. But...the kids in my family are all staggered in ages...everytime one of us hit 12-14 it was like Ba-Doom! Poltergeist attack....and then it would quiet down...someone else would get to that stage...and badoom it would happen again. It stopped after the last person turned that age so....I dunno.

I love how some people are like .."its all bull****"...no proof or anything... seems to me iin my opinion that its a better explanation than "ghosts" but...see I'm perfectly willing to admit I have no clue...and I could be wrong.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Quote by seljer
No, theres no such thing as ghosts

This.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Or,

They are furiously fapping in another room which causes objects to fall/smash/etc.

and then they calm down after a year or two after the changes are complete

EDIT: to Syko

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Last edited by sneyob at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by Small Print
I haven't watched the video, but you've made it obvious as to what it is.

Really, it's not one of those annoying screamers or rick rolls. I got much better ways of filling my time then to annoy people I don't know.

If it makes you feel better to, turn the sound off.

but I don't care what you do either way.
Last edited by Rysel at Jun 6, 2008,
Obviously you guys haven't read Harry Potter. OF COURSE poltergeists exist.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by Rysel
Really, it's not one of those annoying screamers or rick rolls. I got much better ways of filling my time then to annoy people I don't know.

If it makes you feel better to, turn the sound off.

but I don't care what you do either way.

I'm still not going to watch it, but it's just the way you said focus on the door makes it sound like a screamer.
Quote by Small Print
I'm still not going to watch it, but it's just the way you said focus on the door makes it sound like a screamer.

Its not a screamer. I checked. Its a poorly done video edit. ...C'mon screamers are gay. They don't work and are annoying.

Fapping would be one theory...except when we're all in the same room together and no one is fapping.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

I checked the video,

it's clean

I hate screamers so I turned off my speakers and zoomed to the end and it was good all the way through

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Small Print

Yeah I figured, but people do miss the face and hands that show up in a space that even the thinnest model would have trouble fitting in, I just thought it was interesting, since the subject was brought up, and thought I would share though.
Quote by Sykonatiac

Fapping would be one theory...except when we're all in the same room together and no one is fapping.

It could be fap after shock

Someone faps, and hours later the energy stored in everything touched at the time of the fapping is released
causing spontaneous movement of said object

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by soulflyV
Pussy.

haha

okay

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
It could be fap after shock

Someone faps, and hours later the energy stored in everything touched at the time of the fapping is released
causing spontaneous movement of said object

Hmmm I never thought of that..you know you could be right. Wonder if I could re-create said after-shock? I'll ask my woman if she wants to...'cause I'm too lazy to do it myself
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos