Are absolutely incredible. Anyone else heard of them? Surely.

If not, get their self titled album. They'll rock your socks off with their flamenco cover of Stairway.
have you heard their cover of "one"? or "orion"? pretty sweet stuff. they are amazing musicians.
Quote by jamogod
have you heard their cover of "one"? or "orion"? pretty sweet stuff. they are amazing musicians.

Yeah, just how they throw little bits of flamenco Metallica is pretty clever. I read about them aaaages ago, but I only just got their album. It's incredible.
From what i've heard they're awesome. I'm just too lazy to buy anything form them.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
My dad actually showed them to me. Great musicians and the music is very enjoyable. I don't really enjoy Metallica, but Rodrigo y Gabriela's version of Orion is splendid.
They started getting big here in Dublin. I really like their music.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Amazing Duo! I wanna see them live and my favourite song from them, at the moment, is Ixtapa.
PLAY.LIVE.MUSIC
Quote by lolcats
Yeah, just how they throw little bits of flamenco Metallica is pretty clever. I read about them aaaages ago, but I only just got their album. It's incredible.

dude dont call em flamenco, they'll kick ur ass..lol...serious dude they dont think of themselves as adding flemenco to the songs, if ya watch d dvd which came with the lst album they heavily stress this...they r metal guitarists doin metal on acoustic, but ya cant call it metal i no..i luv the way they do beats wit d guitars, great great band..have you ever seen em live????
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
Quote by greenday2003
dude dont call em flamenco, they'll kick ur ass..lol...serious dude they dont think of themselves as adding flemenco to the songs, if ya watch d dvd which came with the lst album they heavily stress this...they r metal guitarists doin metal on acoustic, but ya cant call it metal i no..i luv the way they do beats wit d guitars, great great band..have you ever seen em live????

oh yes I will, as soon as I hear those tapes that is
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by lolcats
Are absolutely incredible. Anyone else heard of them? Surely.

If not, get their self titled album. They'll rock your socks off with their flamenco cover of Stairway.

well I'm back home now and am just checking the videos, the female half of the duo is much more interesting imo with the parts she's playing where the male is just playing notes like you would on an electric.
This is not harder on either a western or an electric guitar but depends on what instrument you learn to play on and what you're accustomed with.

And though I doubt they actually originated or based on flamenco techniques she has some amazing tricks to pull off on that thing. Also if you look at their site you'll find out that they're from mexico city wich could very likely be the reason for their latin influences wich you can clearly hear in their playing. I don't know much of those techniques so they might as well be originating from latin playing or flamenco, it's either side and I can't decipher wich one due to lacking knowledge of Latin.

Plus I'd like to bash anchoring once again for tensioning up Rodrigo's playing wich is also clearly noticable on one of their versions of stairway to heaven.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jun 18, 2008,
^ she got her style by designing it herself. She didnt get it from anyone else (from the interview) I just saw them live and it was really cool. Theyre probably my favorite band right now
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
well I'm back home now and am just checking the videos, the female half of the duo is much more interesting imo with the parts she's playing where the male is just playing notes like you would on an electric.
This is not harder on either a western or an electric guitar but depends on what instrument you learn to play on and what you're accustomed with.

And though I doubt they actually originated or based on flamenco techniques she has some amazing tricks to pull off on that thing. Also if you look at their site you'll find out that they're from mexico city wich could very likely be the reason for their latin influences wich you can clearly hear in their playing. I don't know much of those techniques so they might as well be originating from latin playing or flamenco, it's either side and I can't decipher wich one due to lacking knowledge of Latin.

Plus I'd like to bash anchoring once again for tensioning up Rodrigo's playing wich is also clearly noticable on one of their versions of stairway to heaven.[/QUOTE

yep there from mexico, They were in a metal band tryin to make it there, i beleive they had some limited success, Rod y gab decided to come to europe-i believe holland/denmark maybe first then to dublin were things started to take of, by them buskin on d dublin streets, Was sweet seein em yrs ago out on d street...I see wat u mean by d latin influence but in there own words-Flemenco was/is not an influence... i think there both amazin musicians, after all he's pretty much playin metal style lead on acoustic, Her style is amazing-i cant say anything elde its just great, Also her accent rocks!!!!
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
They should be performing in NC soon, I wish to see them. They are truly amazing, perhaps some of the best talent this generation has seen.
Beware : I am honest, but not brutal
Quote by greenday2003

You speak in nonsense.

Great band though. I have their self titled and love it. I almost wish they didn't do the metal covers 'cuz it creates an element of novelty but they do it well so I shall not complain.