For all you using the Virgin Media ISP and who download music, movies etc. We are all ****ed

Virgin Media ISP and the British Photographic Institute (BPI) have begun sending out a fresh batch of letters to customers who they suspect are participating in the unauthorized downloading of music and movies.

These customers will receive an 'informative correspondence" from both Virgin and the BPI which will "educate them on how to safely download music without being at risk of legal action."

The BPI, unlike other organizations like the RIAA, does not believe in suing users before they have at least received ample warnings, and acknowledges that some of the unauthorized downloads may have been done without the owners knowledge or consent. Unsecured wireless, children, and other family members using the computer without owner knowledge were the reasons given.

Geoff Taylor, chief executive of the BPI, added: 'Education is absolutely key to reducing the extent of illegal downloading and we are pleased to be working with Virgin Media on this campaign.'

The BPI however also notes that anyone who receives several warnings but "continues to offend" will have their Internet account cut off by the ISP and face legal consequences.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
k

/thread
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
k

/thread

We don't all live in the US. If this doesn't apply to you, then please kindly GTFO.
Gear

It's all I need.

Well, couldn't you not use virgin? I don't know how the internets work overseas, but there are at least six internet providers over here.

Anyways, the internet is too big a beast for them to try and tame now.
Prepare to get raped.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by lolcats
Well, couldn't you not use virgin? I don't know how the internets work overseas, but there are at least six internet providers over here.

Anyways, the internet is too big a beast for them to try and tame now.

Virgin has many benefits. Mainly being the fact that it comes with cable TV and you don't need a BT phone line for it.
Quote by saphrax
It's a shame that it has come to this. I'd like to know how they differ the traffic from a torrent program and BBC iPlayer for example. Both use the same protocols to communicate after all.

I'd also like to know ^ Protocol Encryption is probably a good idea for the time being, a feature I know is supported in uTorrent and in Azereus. I'm gonna quit downloading for a bit and see how this goes, as I've been placed on the "excessive users list" for exceeding the 3gb peak hour cap per week (as ridiculous as it is) so I'm gonna see if I get a letter or not, and see if anyone else gets them and what it says etc.

I know if I do get one, I'm gonna have to try and convince my Dad to change ISP.
Gear

It's all I need.

this has been posted before

theres nothing wrong with virgin media

im on it now i have been for over a year
and had no problems
/thread
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Virgin media continueing to be the worst internet provider in history!

Their customer support is absolutely ****ing useless, they keep telling me they've upgraded my internet but its running ****ing slower.

I've had packet loss problems, problems connecting to the internet, problems connecting to certain sites, random giant lag spikes, my tv doesn't always work, and if it does more often that not it seems the channel listings wont display.

When phoning virgin media to tell them that the green box out in the street (you know which kind i mean) owned by them was wide open and needed to be locked. I was told to turn it off then turn it back on again. Thanks random person from india!
i havent had any problems with it
and i live in the middle of F-ing no where! on a hill
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
i havent had any problems with it
and i live in the middle of F-ing no where! on a hill

Quote by XCount Me InX
this has been posted before

theres nothing wrong with virgin media

im on it now i have been for over a year
and had no problems
/thread

No it hasn't, the previous topic was about internet neutrality, this is completely different.

/ignorant_moron.
Gear

It's all I need.