I just wanted to ask whats better Tube or solid state! If I go with the Tube amp I'll get a Blackheart BH5H Half Stack. But If go solid state then I'll go with a Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
everyone will say tube

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
generally tube amps will give you a better, warmer sound that picks up your playing better and can get that natural distortion sound.

sometimes however, solid state is better for different reasons.

what types of music do you play or want to play? and what is your ultimate budget for amp? both of your initial picks for each flavor are good.

;
99% of the time- tubes!

But I THINK that a good solid state (this is plainly opinion), can handle the cleans a little better. But tubes freaking own for distortion
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
generally tube amps will give you a better, warmer sound that picks up your playing better and can get that natural distortion sound.

sometimes however, solid state is better for different reasons.

what types of music do you play or want to play? and what is your ultimate budget for amp? both of your initial picks for each flavor are good.

;

Metal, Punk, Grunge, Rock.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
why don't you save your money for something ment for what you play not a blackheart?
the randall is a toy, not a real halfstack
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah - with those styles - tube for sure

what is your budget?

;

I was thinking the Randal because my buget on the amp is $550 (usa).
I only was thinking the blackheart because I was going to get a new guitar with it.
After all I'd be saving alot of money. But then I though eBay-build on the guitar.
And I don't want a full stack I'll never play a show big enought for one. Oh and I've played through a Marshall full stack and they have a muddy tone to them something I'm not looking for in an amp.
spend all the money on an amp
get a guitar to compliment it later
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah - with those styles - tube for sure

what is your budget?

this thing ---> ; <---wtf?

completely off topic, but why do you ALWAYS put ";" at the end of every f'in post you make?

It's actually getting annoying...
Tube amp + OD pedal. Unless you want to spend a lot of $$$ ($1000+), you probably won't find a good SS gigging amp. Plenty of practice amps though.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
you may be able to find a B-52 combo at GC for way under budget. its a very nice amp.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
DiMeTiMe - who cares?

That's like me asking you why you have in Large Caps

"Click add me as a Friend"

I never bothered you about that ....did I?

and it is my quick way of ending my post with a smiley without going thru the trouble.
Sometimes I end with ??
Sometimes I end with :

Later,

??
Amazing how sum ppl r on here, either nit pick or just smart assess, just cause ppl r trying to get advice n learn
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
DiMeTiMe - who cares?

That's like me asking you why you have in Large Caps

"Click add me as a Friend"

I never bothered you about that ....did I?

and it is my quick way of ending my post with a smiley without going thru the trouble.
Sometimes I end with ??
Sometimes I end with :

Later,

??

Haha, to get your attention!

Anyways, I was just wondering .
Quote by Unherolike
I was thinking the Randal because my buget on the amp is $550 (usa).
I only was thinking the blackheart because I was going to get a new guitar with it.
After all I'd be saving alot of money. But then I though eBay-build on the guitar.
And I don't want a full stack I'll never play a show big enought for one. Oh and I've played through a Marshall full stack and they have a muddy tone to them something I'm not looking for in an amp.

OK, then maybe a:
Peavey Valveking 112
Blackheart (new combo coming i think) or halfy
B-52 as mentioned
Peavey Classic 30 possibly
Fenders - several to chose from
there are others too

You may seriously want to give the Combos a closer look as they are easier to transport and just as loud, especially mike'd

later

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
OK, then maybe a:
Peavey Valveking 112
Blackheart (new combo coming i think) or halfy
B-52 as mentioned
Peavey Classic 30 possibly
Fenders - several to chose from
there are others too

You may seriously want to give the Combos a closer look as they are easier to transport and just as loud, especially mike'd

later

Sweet I'll look into the Combos.
I'm also looking into the B-52 combo, I've read many good things about it and I'm pretty sure that within the near future I'll get one. Just to let you know that I'm also amp hunting and am thinking of the B-52 AT112 or 212.. depending on what kind of a deal I can get and just how much the 212 is than the 112