I am considering my next guitar. I have made my decision that I am definitely getting a Schecter, but my budget is far from close to getting a new guitar. The guitars I am considering are the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and the C-1 Classic. I really like to play metal, as it is my most favorite style, but I also want to have sparkly cleans and would be able to play in between. The Classic has neck-through construction with Seymour Duincan JB/Jazz while the Hellraiser has a set-in neck and EMG 81TW/89. Which guitar would suit me better?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Classic, EMGs aren't as good as SDs for the subtle stuff
ohai little sig.
I like the Hellraiser alot, especially the red quilt color.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I just got a Hellraiser last night, and its an AMAZING guitar, but I think you should get the Classic if cleans are important to you. The cleans aren't bad at all with the Hellraiser, but the Classic's are just better overall. Both can handle metal, though.
i am pretty sure that the neck through is much better. and i played a c1 hellraiser a few days back with the EMG's and even the cleans sounded distorted. it was hard and pointless to play anything but metal on it. also from experience the SD JBjazz pickups are great. very good cleans, and ripping distorted tone.
Thank you. Classic it is then. I actually really like the looks of the Classic better too.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Both are absolutely fantastic guitars...

But the Classic is more versatile with the Seymour duncs.

The neckthrough makes the guitars' sound more full and with better sustain... aswell as giving the guitar that gorgeous neck-thru look...

The classic also has a more generic shape, making it easier for cases.