I think if B.O.B isn't on there, I'm going to disagree.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
the only list i go by is my own.

Media is useless.

Ok....lets put a nirvana solo before voodoo chile solo.....which i believe is the most expressionate solo ever played.

that sums it up in a nut shell to me.
The Smiths

aside from them and a few others like The Clash and Smashing Pumpkins, the list is a little "meh" IMO.

edit: The Final Countdown should be on there.

edit 2: WTF The Smiths are in 90th place
Quote by Doppelgänger
I just knew Teen Spirit would be way up there.

yeah.

Once again, rolling stone sucks off both the 60's and the early 90's. No surprise there.
Disagree.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Rolling Stone top whatever lists= big name classic rock bands and famous songs. It's the same ones, over and over.

That being said, I love the Kinks. Yay for number 4.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

We're never going to find a list we all agree on. I do not agree with this list, but I still think it's interesting from reading the descriptions.
sup?
I could probably make a list that you would all agree on if you knew what I was talking about. In Bloom>Smells Like Teen Spirit. See what I mean? But more importantly, Milk It>Everything Nirvana ever did, except cover Meat Puppets.

...I'd definitely put Exintrifugal Forz in there instead of Willie the Pimp just because that acoustic solo is so awesome.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

91 "Drunkship of Lanterns"
The Mars Volta (2003)

The Mars Volta brought prog rock into the 21st century with this thrilling blast, and Omar Rodriguez Lopez announced himself as one of this decade's great young axmen, mixing Gang of Four riffs with Hendrix virtuosity, Latin rhythms and gallons of reverb.

Because, as we all know, the Mars Volta were the first great prog band of the 2000s.

No disrespect to them, I love the band, but that's one amazing, outrageous claim.

Porcupine Tree? 3? The list goes on.

But, really, I wasn't expecting ANYTHING from this list. I knew it would be full of popular, over played songs that have a firm foothold in today's musical world.

It was inevitable.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Willi the Pimp made it =) and so did Phish.

but yes it is a crappy list.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by fallenangel20
Because, as we all know, the Mars Volta were the first great prog band of the 2000s.

No disrespect to them, I love the band, but that's one amazing, outrageous claim.

Porcupine Tree? 3? The list goes on.

But, really, I wasn't expecting ANYTHING from this list. I knew it would be full of popular, over played songs that have a firm foothold in today's musical world.

It was inevitable.

I thought Porcupine Tree was formed in the Eighties?

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

Quote by soundgarden19
I thought Porcupine Tree was formed in the Eighties?

True, but still, I was just talking about the main line "brought prog rock into the 21st century". They act like there was NO prog until 2003, with the Mars Volta.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
oh, yeah. i guess i misread that

Quote by denizenz

Quote by Soul-Monger
No: radda, radda, radda.

No, rabble rabble rabble.

Peas & carrots, peas & carrots, peas & carrots
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
It's like they didn't even try. They got like four 60 year old men and maybe one guy in his 30s who might have noticed trends in music from the last 20 years. He was there to put Smells Like Teen Spirit at number 10 and Sweet Child O' Mine at 64.

64?

I don't even like G&R, but that was the only song of theirs on the list and it came after FREEBIRD at a whopping 63! Wow. Do they know what they are doing AT ALL? G&R were revolutionary because of Slash's playing... I think they deserve better then that. And Freebird should be in the top 10, plain and f*cking simple.

Then throw in Tool at 100... I love Tool, I should be happy they were even on Rolling Stones "prestigious" list. But it was more like they couldn't think of anything else to put there so they throw a dart at a board and hit Tool. And calling them "New Metal" is an insult. They have been around for 18 years. More prog then anything. Do some research, idiots.

You want a Tool song on the list for "The 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time"? Go for "Lateralus" for christs sake! Vicarious is a great song, I love it... but if I had to pick one Tool song, it would be Lateralus, thank you very much.

Then after that, the old guys just went to town with a few obscurities from the 1950's and maybe one stoned old guy who had to put ONE Pink Floyd song on there, but 3 Cream songs.

*sigh* And people weep for our generation...
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Jun 6, 2008,
I lost all respect for Rolling Stone when they had Kurt Cobain listed as a top 10 guitarist of all time, Kirk Hammett a top 5. I'm sure you could find ten better guitarists in the Pit alone.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by fallenangel20
True, but still, I was just talking about the main line "brought prog rock into the 21st century". They act like there was NO prog until 2003, with the Mars Volta.

I interpreted that to be about how the Mars Volta have changed a lot of prog bands. I don't consider Steve Vai as prog, but he considers De-Loused to be one of the greatest albums of all time. And even King Crimson copped a few things on their newest album... Which by the way, is friggin' amazing.

But, if you want to go into.. The newer bands that are considered prog, they do a pretty big debt to TMV. The Fall of Troy, Portugal. The Man, Coheed.. They all sound somewhat similar, but different. The Mars Volta has changed neo-prog. You can tell that just from listening to Tool.

And if I was to put a Tool song on there.. which I wouldn't.. I'd put Eulogy or Aenema.
Quote by vintage x metal

Smells like Teen Spirit before Layla = Lame
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
everyone complains

my bloody valentine is in there, and that's awesome. i was expecting tons of classic rock.
Sent from my iPad.
hmm... I think about three of those songs were placed correctly, and about 90 shouldn't even be on there...

How do you even CONSIDER putting the mars volta on there?
I thought a good guitar song wasn't meant to be boring...
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
i thought it wasn't a really good list, but it was about songs that were driven by the guitar in it, so i agree that Teen Spirit should have been high up there.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
i totally just got that magazine in the mail a few days ago, lol just thought i'd say that

not that any1 cares
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
this ****, again?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...