I'm having trouble playing the "F" note for a song i'm trying to learn (Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway). I was wondering if there was an alternate way to play it or and easier way to so that it sounds the same.

Thanks,
Haruki
or you can learn a better song jk w/e just transpose or w/e to a different string or something
If you are having trouble with something like that, just PRACTICE. It can only make you better

Practicing is all you can do (if tis isnt what your already doing try it like this)
Thanks for that pic man! It still sounds the same to me (maybe a little more deeper sound but its cool)

Thanks
Alright, that is what you call a barre chord. Because you barre at a fret, which in this case would be the first fret. To barre you simply lay one of your fingers across multiple/all of the strings.

So, step 1: Take your index finger and lay it across every string at the first fret.

Next step would be fill in the rest of the notes. For the A string use your ring finger. For the D string use your pinky and use your middle finger for the G string. Sorry if this confuses you.

Here is what you fret for each string

E|1
B|1
G|2
D|3
A|3
E|1

So here are what fingers you use for the strings.

E|Index
B|Index
G|Middle
D|Pinky
A|Rind
E|Index

Help any? Barre chords are difficult and take a little bit to get used to but just practice it and slowly build more finger strength. After a while you will be hitting the chord with ease.
Some people find it easier to fret the low E string with their thumb. I do it like that sometimes, depending on which chords I'm playing before and after it.

I would recommend practicing both ways, and use whichever one you find easier. Just practice a lot, that's definitely the best thing to do.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Some people find it easier to fret the low E string with their thumb. I do it like that sometimes, depending on which chords I'm playing before and after it.

I would recommend practicing both ways, and use whichever one you find easier. Just practice a lot, that's definitely the best thing to do.

True, I was just trying to avoid confusion with both ways written...that and it took a little while for me to type that up with just one way
another way can be like this.. make the F chord with the bar then remove your pointer finger (the one doing the bar) and put it in the B string (or 2nd string), 1st fret.. then you can either put your thumb on the F note in the 6th string or just simply mute it.. it will look something like a modified C chord..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R