Hey y'all, this is bass related enough to share here. This is an idea I just had for a tattoo, it's something I've never seen before, so I felt pretty good after thinking of it. It's the Fender F with two dots on the side, like the bass clef. It signifies my first real instrument, a Fender P-Bass, which totally changed my life. Here's a really bad sketch I made with a mac paint program and an old Telecaster logo:

Thoughts? Am I a total sellout for putting Fender on my body? Where would you put this tattoo? Discuss.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have a bass clef tattoo on my leg. You can do alot with that basic design...

Here's mine:

If I remember right, Applehead has one as well.
I have a bass clef on my right calf, don't regret it at all. Wouldn't ge a Fender logo but if you like the design then go for it
I try to live my life by the old Latin proverb...

“It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend, one's present or future thirst, the excellence of the wine, or any other reason.
I have a skull with a bass clef on the forehead on my right wrist. I dont regret it all, in fact im even prouder of it now than when i got it six months ago. Every time my playing improves by a noticeable degree, i look at that tatt and think "yep, thats awesome".

If thats what you want to get, go for it man. But that design does take a bit of explaining, so people will constantly be asking you what it is. Id go for the bass clef because its simpler and more recognisable.

But be sure its something you want, remember, ink is permanent. And laser removal will cost heaps, and leave a hella ugly scar.
I wouldn't go for the fender symbol.
I have a tribal tattoo (pick is in my profile) but i always thought about get the symbol from prince as a tattoo but it is to "specific" who knows after X years i don't like prince anymore, then what... So i ended up getting something more Neutral and i don't regret it a second. As 'to the grave' said a tattoo is permanent and removal leaves a big scar and costs a heap. So think about what you do, a bass clef is more neutral and to me would be a more logical choice.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by anarkee

If I remember right, Applehead has one as well.

What happened to Applehead? Did he get banned or something?
I prefer getting weird pendant things personally, but thats just because I'm too big a wuss to get a tatoo
First off Applehead is back; he's posted a few times this week.

On tattoos--I don't regret mine either and interestingly enough, mine's on my right calf as well. They aren't something you do on a casual basis either; and you are going to live with that as part of your body, which is why you need to give the design extensive thought. I have a friend who works up north in public service in Mendocino who has a anarchy symbol on his lower arm that he got back in the 80s. While he doesn't regret it per se, it has given him some issues in landing jobs along the way, esp. in government.
Quote by anarkee
While he doesn't regret it per se, it has given him some issues in landing jobs along the way, esp. in government.

And THAT is exactly why i said when i got mine that it should be able to be coverd with a T-Shirt.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
I have a tattoo (opeth logo) and its conveniently on my upper right arm, so a t-shirt covers it up
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I plan to get a tat for my birthday this year (yay being 20? uhhh *runs away*) and haven't necessarily decided what, I've boiled it down to a few things and one of them is the bass clef

but I'm glad anarkee said that, because I WANT a tattoo on my forearm, but I dont want to put it anywhere that would show up in a job interview. know what I mean? And I mean, I suppose if its not like an anarchy symbol, it shouldn't hurt, right?

...but I just don't want to risk it because I was once 19 and wanted a tattoo on my forearm.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Anarkee:

That looks awesome. I've actually thought about getting a bass clef tattoo for a while now too, and that looks better than anything I would've come up with
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Quote by UtBDan
I plan to get a tat for my birthday this year (yay being 20? uhhh *runs away*) and haven't necessarily decided what, I've boiled it down to a few things and one of them is the bass clef

but I'm glad anarkee said that, because I WANT a tattoo on my forearm, but I dont want to put it anywhere that would show up in a job interview. know what I mean? And I mean, I suppose if its not like an anarchy symbol, it shouldn't hurt, right?

...but I just don't want to risk it because I was once 19 and wanted a tattoo on my forearm.

There are still a lot of misconceptions about people with tattoos. Though having a picture of a dog is not as bad as having the nazi cross on your arm. Still people can reject you on a job interview just for the fact you have a tattoo. They may not say it directly but it is a possibility. So my advise is put it higher on your upper arm or shoulder. If you put it visable it might be hard to get certain jobs.

I mean i'm sure he is a nice guy but would you hire him as your sales agent?

(i know an extreme example but you know what i mean )
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by UtBDan

The forearm is an ok area for tattoos, I mean any job interview I go to I'm usually wearing a long sleeved shirt anyway.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat