Drop D
33 47%
Drop C
18 26%
Drop B
11 16%
Drop A ( oh god )
4 6%
Drop E ( jesus i hope you have bass strings on your guitar)
4 6%
Voters: 70.
Page 1 of 4
Drop tunings are GHEY. Add a "None" option. A lot of Sabbath songs are in Eb standard and sound heavy as all hell. Almost all of Opeth's songs are in E standard and are as heavy as it gets.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Standard's where it's at.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I switch between E Standard and Drop C/D Standard
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Uh, none of those. Right now I'm in D standard but I use everything from E standard to B standard. No drops.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by destroy_techno
For people that don't tune their guitars?

Why only drop tunings? I use B standard

I was hoping "none" would imply standard tuning.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
how do you add options?

you can't. Delete this and make a new one
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
D standard or E standard.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I play in E standard or Drop D usually.

Also, why is there all the hate on drop tunnings?
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
I play in E standard or Drop D usually.

Also, why is there all the hate on drop tunnings?

It's much associated with -core for some reason

Some people use it to make things easier..

I don't see how Nile make anything easier by using drop A though...
I demand an Open C Tuning Option...
But seriously, I play in Standard for E, Eb, D, Db, and C, and I also use Drop D and C sometimes.
Yeah wtf? Why do we have to play in drop tunings?

And for adding SOMETHING to this thread, I play in D standard/7 string A standard.
What the hell guys, just because you play in standard doesn't make you any better then people who like lower tunings LOL. ****in' christ.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
I play in drop C but thats just because my band plays in drop C to match my vocalist range..
It's not like playing in E makes you some sort of guitar wizard.

EVERYONE plays in E standard at least once.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
I usually switch between C and D standard. Sometimes I take it down to B standard, and now and then I'll go to E, but that's pretty much all I use.
I voted Drop C since I play in D Standard...

EDIT: Why was Drop G, F# and F skipped? My friend actually tuned to Drop G once and he could barely play because the magnets in his pups attracted his strings too much....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by Baboom
What the hell guys, just because you play in standard doesn't make you any better then people who like lower tunings LOL. ****in' christ.

I agree, I just prefer standard.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Drop E, i play with bass strings. What else would i put on my bass?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I play in E Standard and my riffs are the heaviest motherfuckers you'll ever find.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by destroy_techno
Drop E?

Where's that useful?

I play in E (or, i guess, B) standard. But i put that to make my hilarious remark.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by darkstar2466
Drop tunings are GHEY. Add a "None" option. A lot of Sabbath songs are in Eb standard and sound heavy as all hell. Almost all of Opeth's songs are in E standard and are as heavy as it gets.

Theres nothing wrong with drop tunings. If someone is a good musician they're a good musician regardless of what tuning they use.

I like to use Standard E and D, along with Drop D and C.

I love, absolutely love standard C on an acoustic.
I use primarily a 7 string which ranges in standard (B), half step down (Bb), and a whole step down (A), and their respective drop tunings A, Ab, and G, though I also occasionally drop the E string so on the 6 higher strings so that I can do Drop D, Db, or C. Right now though, the music I'm writing is in B standard.
I usually stay in standard unless Im playing some Death then drop it to D standard.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
I go in E Standard for my lighter songs mainly and Drop B for everything else.
Which is why i keep meh acoustic standard and electric dropped.
Page 1 of 4