^ title

i just put some new strings on my guitar today. i asked the dude who sold it to me what strings he used and he said ernie ball slinky hybrids. so i bought a few packs and put them on. the set up was( and still is) perfect. but now i have tons of fret buzz for what seems to be no apparent reason. so can you guys answer my question? thanx in advance
like i said the action is the same and the tremolo is perfectly balanced(it is parallel with the body). it is the same exact string gauge because ernie slinky hybrids only come in one size(.09-.46)
Quote by ironman1478
like i said the action is the same and the tremolo is perfectly balanced(it is parallel with the body). it is the same exact string gauge because ernie slinky hybrids only come in one size(.09-.46)

ah
i use regular slinky and regular slinky only, so im not familiar with the other lines

anyway, i have no idea what your problem is
That's just the way new strings sound. It'll go away soon.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
That's just the way new strings sound. It'll go away soon.

thats good because i hate setting up my guitar

off topic (dont you go to HIH)
Did you cut all your strings off at the same time or change them one by one? I always change them one at a time to maintain relatively constant stress on the neck. If not your neck may have aquired a bow due to the reduced tension, causing your buzzing. This may go away in a day or two or you may have to adjust your truss rod. Fret the Low E @ the first fret & the 15th fret at the same time and check you gap betwwen the fret crown and bottom of the string around the 7th - 9th fret. There should be a little gap there indicating neck relief.
New strings take time to wear in, just play them as much as possible for about a week, it'll go away unless something is mechanically screwed over.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.