which amp should i get i tried a Marshall Vintage mondern thought it sounded bad, tried a JVM thought it sounded good but was over priced, Tried a preavey 6505+ good distortion but not very versitile , very bad cleans. Tried a mesa dual = sounded great and had alright cleans but was also overpriced. i play iron maiden , EVH, Rush, Muse, The starting line, X town, The who, STP, Dethlok, Guns N roses, Dokken, Ozzy stuff , staind.

I am looking for a halfstack for touring with my band i am aiming for a 50 watt tube head and a 4x12 cab but i could deal with a 100 watt ( i have a sound proof practice room)

Currently i have a flextone III as my main touring amp and its sounds like a robot its so digital.

Edit: My price range is around 2,300 for head and cab
Last edited by Rushfan2121 at Jun 6, 2008,
Dont no if this helps, but theres a Crate Blue voodoo on here 4 sale, I dont no a damn thing bout amps, just throwing out suggestions
have you tried Bugera? i've heard they can be pretty versatile. also maybe look into an ENGL, i don't know how their cleans are but their overdrive is heavenly.
Why not just go with a fender and build a small pedal board. i mean you cant beat the cleans and if you can get your hands on a fender "the twin" then youll have both a clean channel and a versitile drive chan(its not a halfstack though...but its 100watts pure tube and will peel paint off walls by the time you hit "2")
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Last edited by Lamrick21 at Jun 6, 2008,