Combo:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-TBX150R-LIST

Stack:
- Head:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-TBX150H-LIST

- Cabinet
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-IS412CA-LIST

which would you go with? the stack is more i know. but i could add on to it later. like add another cab. but the combo is cheaper now....

which one is more powerfull?

so i dont know what to do...do you?

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Stack is always more powerful especially when it's tube...

.....mmm.....tuuuuuuuube......
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
hehe...my combo out powered a kids stack once, it was funny. then again my combo is 100 watts of pure tube.
EDIT: id go stack...when you replace the head later you can keep the cab
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
The stack will sound more "open" because of the four speakers instead of two. If someone asked me which one I would prefer, I'd say the stack. Let's face facts...we don't need the stack, but it looks cool, and even though it's very heavy, if you don't mind lugging it around, then who cares? If you do care about weight and all that stuff and don't care for the looks, just get the combo. Hope this helps a little!
what?...all crap?....alright...what would you suggest then?

thanks for the other posts guys! are Ibanez amps alright?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
hm? why hasn't anyone told this guy those amps suck!!! look at ALL TUBE AMPS IN YOUR PRICE RANGE!!!!!!!!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CRA-FW120HS

any better?

or are Ibanez really crap? their guitars are good, so i thought i would check out their amps..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
ive always wondered too...how can a 2x12" combo have more watts than 4x12" stack?...cause the combo was rated at 150w. the stack is like 120w?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CRA-FW120HS

any better?

or are Ibanez really crap? their guitars are good, so i thought i would check out their amps..

Alex

No it's not any better, worse maybe.

Yes, their amps are crap.

What styles of music do you play?
What's your budget?
Are you gigging or just for room practice?
If gigging how big of gigs?
Quote by bojangleman
ive always wondered too...how can a 2x12" combo have more watts than 4x12" stack?...cause the combo was rated at 150w. the stack is like 120w?

Alex

What you have to understand is watts don't always matter, unless you know what you're talking about and need tons of clean headroom.

A 40w tube combo would massacre the 150w amp in tone and headroom at 6.

You want a tube amp. If you're gigging, 30-50w may be what you need, if you're playing decent sized gigs. I've heard 15w does good.

Do you need cleans?

Budget? Music genres, styles?
Tube>Solid State

Check out a Peavey Valve King for $399 50W 112 combo all tube beast
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
Budget - i would love to not go over 500.

Style - anything from metal to indie.

Gigs - Outside gigs, maybe venues of 100-300 people.

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
For 500 you can get a VK112 and a nice OD. That'll cover any sounds you'll want to use.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
so this?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481332-i1167402.gc

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc

so the VK112 50w all tube power is going to be more powerful than the 80w transtube?

and could i move this around? i have heard that it isnt good to move tube amps...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
VK and speaker swap =win
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by bojangleman
so this?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481332-i1167402.gc

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc

so the VK112 50w all tube power is going to be more powerful than the 80w transtube?

and could i move this around? i have heard that it isnt good to move tube amps...

Alex

A 50w tube can pump out around 150 watts at full capacity. 50 watts is the rms wattage, the wattage at which natural overdrive begins (if I'm not mistaken).

Also, tube amplifiers accentuate different frequencies at higher volumes than do tube amps, and these frequencies are better perceived by the human ear, so it's also louder than a comparable SS amp of the same wattage.

The Valveking leaves much to be wanted in the clean department, though. Try a Classic 30 along with it, and decide what you like better.
Quote by bojangleman
so this?

or

Alex

The Valveking is the better of those two by far, and yes the 50W VK will be comparable to a solid state amp 2-3x it's wattage in terms of power and volume.

And of course you can move it around. Saying it's not good to move tube amps is just down right ignorant, as long as you're not going to drop it off a building or anything, even dropping it from like 4 feet it shouldn't break. Tube amps are made to withstand abuse, and are easier to fix than a SS amp if you do happen to break it.

SS amps are pretty much impossible to repair unless it's something minor.

If you're willing to go a little higher. I'd HIGHLY suggest you take a look at some used Mesa F-30s or F-50s. They're much better quality in sound and in build as well as having nice cleans and a lot of gain on tap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The B-52 AT112 is way better than the VK i think.
You can play metal to indie without OD, tube change or speaker swap.
used they are like $300, new $550 i think.

but you might as well stretch your budget and get a mesa F-series, you'll like it better in the long run.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
With those amps your choice boils down to one box of crap or two boxes of crap.

There's much, much better options available....the aforementioned Valveking, B52 and also the Bugeras.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
The B-52 AT112 is way better than the VK i think.
You can play metal to indie without OD, tube change or speaker swap.
used they are like $300, new $550 i think.

but you might as well stretch your budget and get a mesa F-series, you'll like it better in the long run.

Hes right, save up and get something you'll really love and wont need to replace in a year or 2 time, didnt know you could get F-series amps that cheap in US, but if so, go for it.
Quote by imgooley
A 50w tube can pump out around 150 watts at full capacity. 50 watts is the rms wattage, the wattage at which natural overdrive begins (if I'm not mistaken).

Also, tube amplifiers accentuate different frequencies at higher volumes than do tube amps, and these frequencies are better perceived by the human ear, so it's also louder than a comparable SS amp of the same wattage.

The Valveking leaves much to be wanted in the clean department, though. Try a Classic 30 along with it, and decide what you like better.

TOTALLY WRONG.

Dear god where do people get these misconceptions from, brb, copying one of my previous posts explaining this tube power thing properly.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
Well, it is, indeed based off the point at which the signal stays clean, however the way that it's being explained is wrong.

After the signal begins to break up there is NEGLIGIBLE increase in peak power dissipation. The whole idea of clipping is that no more power can be supplied, thus cutting off the extremes of the signal. Thus, distortion/overdrive whatever you wanna call it. I'm going to refer to it as distortion, which is the correct electronic term for it.

Now, we look at the signal before it's been clipped and we do a nice integration between limits of pi and 0 of y=sinx to find out an arbitrary area under a signal curve.

Then, we go to the complete other extreme and do exactly the same, but with a square wave of the same period. You will find that the area under the square wave will be exactly pi units^2.

HOWEVER

The area under the sine curve is going to be, guess what? pi/SQRT2 units^2

A square wave can be seen as an infinitely overdriven sine wave, therefore, yes, more MEAN power is being dissipated, however, the peak power remains (almost) exactly the same. This results in NO PHYSICAL VOLUME INCREASE as during these clipped regions, the speaker cone isn't moving.

he reason it might be percieved louder is that the ear picks up, up to about 3rd order harmonics as a volume increase, as opposed to distortion of the signal.

Crazy stuff...

Have fun
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
Have fun

Thanks for the education, but you could have been more polite about it.

I had a feeling I was wrong.
Quote by imgooley
Thanks for the education, but you could have been more polite about it.

I had a feeling I was wrong.

I agree with you, but if you have a feeling you're wrong, chances are, you shouldn't post, because when talking about potential stacks or high-end combos, it's a lot of money to get some wrong information about.

=1 to mcw00t
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
what do you guys think of Carvin?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
I've heard they make some really nice amps. Steve Vai uses them
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Are you willing to go used?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yah, what'd you have in mind?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Look for a used Traynor YCV40 or similar (there's actually a YCV80 for $425 on Chicago's craigslist, but you aren't anywhere near here ).

Very versatile.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.