Hi,

I've been playing for about 5 years now, but I don't know a whole lot about guitar maintenance. I don't really use my acoustic guitar, so my question is about my Godin SD, which is a bolt-on, strat-style (mine has a maple neck), for those who are not familiar with it.

I usually keep my guitar on a stand, next to my window. I am on the the third floor of my house, which often gets very hot and humid in the summer (although it is air-conditioned, that is not always running). It also receives some direct sunlight, although I try to close the blinds around it, they sometimes get opened.

I am just wondering if these conditions are bad for my guitar and its maintenance. Does it need to be stored in a case or cooler, drier environment, or is it fine as is? Any help, advice or info about my situation or about maintenance in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
yes, you should put it in a case to defend from the sun/temp/sunlight/humidity
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
don't put it in direct sunlight or directly in front of the aircon. it's okay to be on a stand, but keep it our from direct sunlight. i believe you should store it in a case if temperature changes occur regularly.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC