I've been playing guitar for 6 months, usually devote 6 hours a day or more to guitar(Often multi-tasking, playing while on forums etc.)

So here's the list of songs I can play:
1. Iron Man intro
2. Smoke on the Water intro
3. Sunshine of Your Love intro
4. Wanted Dead or Alive intro
5. In Joy and Sorrow
6. Dali
7. Dust in the Wind
8. Sweet Child O' Mine intro
9. Limelight intro
10 Tell Me Baby intro
11. Enter Sandman Intro
12. Other Side intro
13. Under the Bridge intro
14. My My Hey Hey intro, Hey Hey My My
15. Stairway to Heaven intro
16. Glasgow Kiss intro
17. Don't Cry intro
18. Carry on My Wayward Son intro
19. Crazy Train intro
20. Cat Scratch Fever intro
21. I Walk the Line
22. Day Tripper intro
23. Another Day intro solo
24. Goodnight Kiss main riff
25. Rest Will Flow
26. Don't Fear the Reaper intro
27. Back in Black intro
28. Heart of Gold Intro
30. Tangerine Intro
31. Sweet Home Alabama Intro
32. Highway to Hell Intro
33. Scene One: Regression full song
34. Closer to the Heart intro
35. Paradigm Shift intro
36. Fly By Night intro
37. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For full song
38. Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth Before it is Recycled full song
39. For the Heart I Once Had intro
40. Electric Eye Intro
41. Paint It Black Intro
42. Lithium Flower full song
43. She Talks to Angels Full song
44. Mouth for War Intro
45. Cemetery Gates Intro/Main riff
46. Fly Like An Eagle Intro
47. So Happy Together
48. Walk intro
49. Yesterday Don't Mean **** intro
50. Floods Outro Solo
51. Free Fallin

And yeah I can play all of those pretty good. A few songs I have problems playing. So, is it good for 6 months of playing with 6+ hours of practice every day? The longest I've went without playing guitar is maybe 2 days =X
Yes. But now you should learn all of those all the way through, not just the intro.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
yea thats pretty good but i agree go back and learn em all the way through even if u stumble through solos....o and also maybe try not to have others judge u cuz i used to do that and it jus made me like worry too much what others thought instead of me jus enjoying playing
That is pretty impressive for six months.

But I'd be more impressed if you could play 5 or 6 of those all the way through.
I'm starting to learn the songs all the way through. I can play Iron man but the solo(I only have an acoustic, doesn't really sound right, lol) and smoke on the water, sunshine of your love, and alot of the others. I just dont remember them so I don't count them :P

So this is good? thanks! ^^. Nice to see you're a DT fan as well!
Quote by Peow
I'm starting to learn the songs all the way through. I can play Iron man but the solo(I only have an acoustic, doesn't really sound right, lol) and smoke on the water, sunshine of your love, and alot of the others. I just dont remember them so I don't count them :P

So this is good? thanks! ^^. Nice to see you're a DT fan as well!

Gotta love the Deftones
I meant Dream Theater but I guess Deftones are good too =P. The first guys Avatar is a DT Album Cover...
Learn songs all the way through instead of just learning the intros. Seriously, songs are only hard if you make them that way. Don't be afraid to practice and learn something because it sounds hard. Also, make sure to practice alternate picking with a metronome and other fundamentals to help you get better at general technique.
Quote by CowboyUp
Don't be afraid to practice and learn something because it sounds hard.

+1, its a great way to get better and learn something you enjoy at the same time.
Quote by Peow
I've been playing guitar for 6 months, usually devote 6 hours a day or more to guitar(Often multi-tasking, playing while on forums etc.)

So here's the list of songs I can play:
1. Iron Man intro
2. Smoke on the Water intro
3. Sunshine of Your Love intro
4. Wanted Dead or Alive intro
5. In Joy and Sorrow
6. Dali
7. Dust in the Wind
8. Sweet Child O' Mine intro
9. Limelight intro
10 Tell Me Baby intro
11. Enter Sandman Intro
12. Other Side intro
13. Under the Bridge intro
14. My My Hey Hey intro, Hey Hey My My
15. Stairway to Heaven intro
16. Glasgow Kiss intro
17. Don't Cry intro
18. Carry on My Wayward Son intro
19. Crazy Train intro
20. Cat Scratch Fever intro
21. I Walk the Line
22. Day Tripper intro
23. Another Day intro solo
24. Goodnight Kiss main riff
25. Rest Will Flow
26. Don't Fear the Reaper intro
27. Back in Black intro
28. Heart of Gold Intro
30. Tangerine Intro
31. Sweet Home Alabama Intro
32. Highway to Hell Intro
33. Scene One: Regression full song
34. Closer to the Heart intro
35. Paradigm Shift intro
36. Fly By Night intro
37. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For full song
38. Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth Before it is Recycled full song
39. For the Heart I Once Had intro
40. Electric Eye Intro
41. Paint It Black Intro
42. Lithium Flower full song
43. She Talks to Angels Full song
44. Mouth for War Intro
45. Cemetery Gates Intro/Main riff
46. Fly Like An Eagle Intro
47. So Happy Together
48. Walk intro
49. Yesterday Don't Mean **** intro
50. Floods Outro Solo
51. Free Fallin

And yeah I can play all of those pretty good. A few songs I have problems playing. So, is it good for 6 months of playing with 6+ hours of practice every day? The longest I've went without playing guitar is maybe 2 days =X

That's a hard riff for 6 months.....I wouldn't mind hearing you play some of these.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Lol, yeah that one is pretty hard. I've only got an acoustic, the song didnt sound right. I played it on my friends electric(with a helluvan amp) and it sounded decent. Anyhow, I may upload some of my crap eventually. I need a working mic.

I wish things were cheaper =[. I could choose between an acoustic or an electric guitar(no amp). Rawr..
Last edited by Peow at Jun 7, 2008,
That's pretty good but seeing as intros are only about 4 bars long it does make the long list seem less impressive.

Also, even though you've listed a ton of songs, we can't tell if you can play them well, or quite well, or really badly (i'm sure you don't but you get my point). Only someone who's heard you can really tell you whether you're good or not. There would be a big difference between someone who can play all of them up to speed perfectly and someone who can get it right ocassionally, even though both people might claim they could play it.

Finally, please don't tell me you've played for six months writiing down every single song you learn just so you can post it on an internet forum.
Quote by 12345abcd3
Finally, please don't tell me you've played for six months writiing down every single song you learn just so you can post it on an internet forum.

Lol, not so I can post it on a forum. I wrote them down so I can play them in order from which I learned them every night before I go to bed =D

Not to brag but I play pretty much every song almost perfectly except for a few
Yes your doing quite well, but also remember that there is more to playing guitar than learning other peoples songs such as learning the theory behind those songs, and how to make your own.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
not a bad list at all, i learned to play with alot of those songs too. do you only practice the songs though? because as jetsrule said, you need to learn some theory to make the step from good to great
Quote by Eaglesrule3620
not a bad list at all, i learned to play with alot of those songs too. do you only practice the songs though? because as jetsrule said, you need to learn some theory to make the step from good to great

By theory you mean how they made the song? I think I figured out how Eric Clapton found "Sunshine of Your Love" with the blues scale. But that's really it. I dont know what music theory is but I'm going to maybe take a jazz band class next school year. Maybe that'll help! :P
Quote by Peow
By theory you mean how they made the song? I think I figured out how Eric Clapton found "Sunshine of Your Love" with the blues scale. But that's really it. I dont know what music theory is but I'm going to maybe take a jazz band class next school year. Maybe that'll help! :P

Thats a very good start ! Keep looking out for things like that.
Fish for compliments much?

Well, none from me.

I know lots of people who have played for years and can play every song in the book, but can't improvise and don't know enough theory to make basic chord variations. To me, knowledge is more important than technique, as technique is easy to come by.

Want positive feedback? Record something you wrote and post it. That's how you judge true talent.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Lol criticism is fine. I believe criticism is PART of what makes people better. And Silence is kind of right. However, I can't improv very well. I'll do a couple good little songs per day then I forget them and can't do them again =[. If I could get my damn mic to work I'd post some stuff up.

Oh, and also, compliments are the other part of what makes people better! =P
Looks like you're doing very well for the time you've been playing.

Some advice, though; don't turn it into a competition or race. Can you (honestly, now) play those well or can you just "play them"? Remember this: you got into guitar because you were truly passionate about trying to play/learn, and if it becomes a question of "How do I measure up?" then you'll lose that fire. Practice hard by all means and get as good as you could possibly want to, there's nothing wrong with this; I practice religiously myself because I love what I'm doing. Just make sure that for all you do, you never lose sight of why you began in the first place.

Again, though, looks like you're doing very well.
I can play the majority of the songs well. I usually don't go to bed until I play every song but 3(my limit) perfectly. Or close to perfect. Im not turning it into competition or anything. What's funny is, I started to play to impress my girlfriend, but now its just because I love playing the guitar itself. Hehe.