ESP LTD EC-400VF
ESP LTD V-500
Jackson RR3

I wanted the RR3 but my friend told me that the build quality sucks, and that I'm better off with an ESP. He also told me to get the EC-400VF but I'm not sure about a LP. I really like Vs

What should I do? I don't want to get disappointed but I can't even listen to the guitars...
play them and see which you like. i'm not a fan of Vs though. i'd pick the EC
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
play them and see which you like. i'm not a fan of Vs though. i'd pick the EC

I can't they don't have them here.
Quote by Mosho2
He says it's mainly because it's a bolt on neck. And the FR.

Just disregard what he said about the bolt on. Is it a licensed FR or an Official?
IIRC the RR3 Is a LFR, but it alot of people say it is just as good (As in it is a quality Trem, not just a LFR, but a good one at that... sure its not a OFR, but it should still be safe, worse come worse, switch it out to OFR at a later date.)

Get the RR3. It's the Grand-daddy of the V Shaped METAL guitars (The Flying V aint exactly Metal.... It's Aggro-rock!). Just F-in SWEET! (Likely my next guitar... Hopefully)
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

I have tried the RR3, and it is a great guitar. The Seymour Duncan in the bridge sounds great for Hard Rock and Metal (especially Megadeth), while the neck pickup gives your solos an amazing sound and tone much like Marty Friedman's iconic solos. The neck is nice and fast (almost as fast as Ibanez wizards ), and the body shape is awesome! Inlays are cool too and the Licensed FR was just as good as an original. The problem is because of the bolt-on construction, sustain is affected, and your access to the highest frets is limited because of the "heel" from bolt on necks. Also, it only has 22 frets

I have tried many Les Paul shaped guitars in my time (not the EC in particular) , and from what I have experienced, upper fret access is terrible. Of course, since it is an ESP, it has an extremely fast neck. Not to mention that neck through design really helps with upper fret access. Again, Seymour Duncans, but this set seems more for older rock, but the bridge pickup can still deliver for heavy stuff. The stop tailpiece can be great, oryour worst nightmare. I usually find that most stop bars are poorly placed too close to the pickup, and my playing style is completely thrown off (hard to describe). Tuning will be much easier than with the Jackson, and string changing will be especially more easy. Also, only 22 frets.

The ESP V-500 is geared toward a more "new" metal scene (like new Metallica, Slipknot, and t3h br00tal music), but don't think that it won't perform well for your Anthrax, Megadeth, and AC/DC. EMG pickups are one of the best for heavy music, IMO and can really capture sounds like Metallica's 'Master of Puppets' and Megadeths 'Countdown to Extinction'. The Large V shape on this guitar is the easiest V shape to manage, and 24 frets and the standard lightning fast ESP neck will have you shredding away. Neck through and string through construction will give you the best sustain, and a mahogany body will sound warmer and meatier than the Jackson's brighter sound (from the alder body). This guitar won't have a lot of verstility. While great for heavy music, EMGs seem to only be made for heavy riffing, and solos sound almost too crunchy by my standards (unless that's the tone you're looking for). Also, this guitar comes with Grover Tuners so you will rarely worry about going out of tune.

As you can see, each guitar has certain advantages and disadvantages. I'm not going to tell you which guitar to get. I'm only giving you the facts and personal experience I have in order to help you along the way (I'm also in a dilemma in choosing between the RR3 and V-500 ).
The RR3 is one of the best guitars out there in its range, the build quality is very good, your friend is bias towards the ESP probably. The best neck I have ever played, better than a Gibson Les Paul's and other Ibanezs' as well in my opinion. Playing on it is like a dream, let alone the awesome pickups. The LFR is great, hadn't had a problem with it at all, it holds tune very well after the strings settle and it is very easy to deal with.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by Mosho2
I still can't decide!

What about these btw... If I wait a couple more months I can get the 200$ for the upgrade.

EC-1000
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629
MP-600
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MP600-Michael-Paget-Electric-Guitar?sku=518596

The EC-1000 seems to be a more metal-oriented guitar than the 400, because the 1000 has the EMG 81/60 combo (a great combo, similar to the Symour Duncan JB/Jazz).

And the MP-600 is just a V-500 with an EMG 85 in the neck and a weird inlay.
neither get an Fender American Standard Tele 2008, much more versitile and will pwn those guitars in tone and awsomeness
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Ok EC-1000 it is! White or Vintage black? :P (worth to note that VB has ebony fret and the white has rosewood)
Quote by Mosho2
He says it's mainly because it's a bolt on neck. And the FR.
So Strats and Teles must have crap build quality because they are bolt-on also? Please.

Go with the RR3, you can't go wrong with it.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Quote by Mosho2
Ok EC-1000 it is! White or Vintage black? :P (worth to note that VB has ebony fret and the white has rosewood)

I'd get the vintage black, just keep it clean or the gold plating on the hardware will wear off. Good luck with your new guitar!
VB it is

One last question

Would a CUBE 30x do it any justice for home practice? Or should I opt for a VALVEKING 112 instead? Which will be INFINITELY harder to get since I have to ship it across half the planet.
Quote by Mosho2
VB it is

One last question

Would a CUBE 30x do it any justice for home practice? Or should I opt for a VALVEKING 112 instead? Which will be INFINITELY harder to get since I have to ship it across half the planet.

I don't know anything about those amps, but from what I hear, home practice should be better with the CUBE 30x.
I just got my RR3 and it is awesome. My playing style has actually opened up a lot since getting a Floyd Rose. So many weird sounding riffs that I've been messing with lately. The guitar is actually surprising lighter than my strat. Also the neck is super fast and the inlays are awesome for playing. I just love it!
AHHHHH DO NOT BUY AN LTD!!
my friend sold his EX 2 months after he got it, because he hated it soooo much
they have terrible quality. his strap button literally ripped of the guitar body, and he superglued it back.

i personally have a jackson RR3, and i absolutely love it. jacksons are great guitars, and is good quAlity. it has better features than an LTD would.
Well, we're not talking about an EX 2 (can't find it on the website :X), we're talking about an EC-1000. I know people that have had rough experiences with Jacksons, but I know better than to judge the entire brand because of one faulty model/guitar. Thanks for the input